GO!

Are you a big dog person or a small dog person?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 9 of 9: Viewing entries 81 to 87)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  
Bruno

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '12 9:18am PST 
I am a small and medium sized dog person. I have grown up having small dogs. Bruno weighs 17 pounds. Chico is the first medium sized dog we have owned. He is 20 inches at the shoulder and weighs 35 pounds. We have never owned large dogs due to the fact that I have Spina Bifida and have balance trouble because of my weak legs(legs tire out easily after 15-20 minutes standing and walking for long periods). My parents don't want to risk me getting knocked over by a large dog.
[notify]
Ace

Mischief is my- middle name

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '12 10:28am PST 
Honestly, if I lived someplace I couldn't have a large dog, I'd get a cat. There are some really cute small dogs, but I just can't see owning one.

Ace last weighed in at 58 pounds, which is considered large, I guess, but is what I would consider medium. Anything less than at least knee high is small to me.

But what really sells me on a dog is somewhat longer fur. Short smooth coats just don't do it for me. It's worth vacuuming every day.
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '12 11:36am PST 
I can see the appeal of small dogs, but that are not for me. I need something that I can run with and wrestle with. I like a dog that is at least 40 pounds, but there are some smaller ones that sometimes tempt me. I feel like a corgi is the smallest dog I would ever want to get.
[notify]

Keira

Mommy's Girl

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '12 11:45am PST 
I love them all! But I tend to be partial to a well bred APBT so... medium? 35-55 pounds is not all that large to me! But my home is open to any size-- Caesar was 100 lbs. and now Jezabel is 6 pounds smile
[notify]
Twister

Love me.

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '12 8:50pm PST 
I love large-giant breeds; but I really like Twister's size (50 lbs), easy to fit in the car, just the right size to pet without breaking your back leaning over, and fun to wrestle with. However, after having a hiking accident one day and carrying out my sister's 20 lb dog (an hour hike, btw -.- ), I can really see the advantage to having tiny dogs!! I'll prob still stick with the 30-50 lb range though. smile
[notify]
Lupi

I\\\'ll do- anything for a- treat!

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 11:28pm PST 
I prefer smooth-coated, stocky dogs of all sizes, as opposed to fine-boned, shaggy ones.

Doxies (of course!), Pitties, Bulldogs, Pugs, Bassets, etc. are the kinds I'm usually drawn to. However, there are always exceptions, and I could definitely see myself living with a poodle of any size.
[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Tue Jul 10, '12 10:29am PST 
I like all dogs, but I think I really like Kolbe's size, about 45lbs, sturdy but still an easy travel size. But other factors like temperament ultimately outweigh size (no pun intended) in importance for me.
[notify]
  (Page 9 of 9: Viewing entries 81 to 87)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9