GO!

Animal Planet Dog Breed Selector

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  
River

"I know I'm- beautiful."

Barked: Fri Apr 16, '10 2:38pm PST 
This is interesting... This quiz looks to be pretty accurate. Order of breeds listed:

Am Cocker: 99%
Cavalier: 99%
English Cocker: 99%
Flat Coat: 99%
English Springer: 98%
Field Spaniel: 98%
Vizsla: 98%
Clumber Spaniel: 97%
English Setter: 96%
Papillon: 95%

I really like everyone one of those breeds. Why is the Papillon so low though? LOL . I was being completely honest too. way to go

http://animal.discovery.com/breedselector/dogselectorindex.do
[notify]
Trigger

*Blackdog*

Barked: Fri Apr 16, '10 4:41pm PST 
Intresting smile

German Shorthaired Pointer 97%
Irish Setter 97%
Parson Russell Terrier 97%
Weimaraner 97%
American Foxhound 96%
Brittany 96%
English Foxhound 96%
German Wirehaired Pointer 96%
[notify]
Droopy CD,- RA, HH, TDI,- CGC

I didn't do it

Barked: Fri Apr 16, '10 4:56pm PST 
This was interesting. I answered all questions honestly. I was surprised to have so many sight hounds on my list and they were ranked at a higher compatibility level than my beloved scent hounds.

Curly Coated Retriever 98%
Saluki 98%
Spinone Italiano 98%
Whippet 98%
Basset Hound 97%
Greater Swiss Mountain Dog 97%
Scottish Deerhound 97%
Welsh Springer Spaniel 97%
American Foxhound 96%
Beagle 96%
Black and Tan Coonhound 96%
Bloodhound 96%

Edited by author Fri Apr 16, '10 4:59pm PST

[notify]

Lylah

The harder I wag- the more friends- I have

Barked: Fri Apr 16, '10 5:07pm PST 
American Cocker Spaniel-99%
Australian Shepherd-99%
Belgian Tervuren-99%
Collie-99%
English Cocker Spaniel-99%
English Setter-99%
English Springer Spaniel-99%
Field Spaniel-99%

Spot on with the Setter, Aussie, Terv, and Collie. Not really interested in owning a Spaniel though. shrug
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Fri Apr 16, '10 5:24pm PST 
English Setter 99%

Field Spaniel 99%

Spinone Italiano 99%

Vizsla 99%

Bearded Collie 98%

Curly-Coated Retriever 98%

English Springer Spaniel 98%

Flat-Coated Retriever 98%

These are what I got when I put grooming not important. They didn't really ask the proper question there in my opinion. There was nothing there about shedding. I put joggers pace for activity level as it seemed to be the middle ground. I am going to have to look up those breedsbig grin
[notify]
Gunner

All legs and no- tail

Barked: Fri Apr 16, '10 5:33pm PST 
Based on my responses, the list seems accurate, though I know I don't want a couple of the breeds. Those in bold are the ones I know to be a good fit for me.

German Shorthaired Pointer 99%
German Wirehaired Pointer 97%
Irish Setter 97%
Australian Shepherd 96%
Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever 96%
Weimaraner 96%
Old English Sheepdog 96%
Pointer 95%

The second page yielded successes with the Airedale, Boxer, Portuguese Water Dog, Field Spaniel, and Plott (all over 90%).

Edited by author Fri Apr 16, '10 5:36pm PST

[notify]
Dante

I know, I'm- handsome

Barked: Fri Apr 16, '10 6:01pm PST 
A few pages in, but still well over 90% I found my staffy and beagle, as well as other hounds. Mixed in with a bunch of dogs I'd never own or want to own poodles, collies, etc, and a few I'd like - weimaramer's, pointers, ridgebacks. Rotties and Mastiffs both fell under 90%, love them, too!
[notify]
MACH, C-ATCH- Bailey RN,- CGCA

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Fri Apr 16, '10 6:11pm PST 
Beagle 97%
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel 96%
Miniature Schnauzer 96%
Norwich Terrier 96%
Tibetan Terrier 96%
West Highland White Terrier 96%
Affenpinscher 95%
Australian Terrier 95%

I'm not very impressed with my list. It's very terrier heavy (pretty much the first 4 pages), and I don't consider myself a terrier person. I have to go to the 7th page of matches to find my precious poms. It's not until I get to page 5 of my matches that I start getting interested in most of my matches. I've had better luck with other breed matching quizzes, although it's been awhile since I've seen a good one.
[notify]
Maggie & Porter

We are serious- trouble

Barked: Fri Apr 16, '10 6:16pm PST 
Hehe! The one breed from the sporting group that I actually have considered! Otherwise my Aussie is a practically perfect match big grin

Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever 100%
Australian Shepherd 97%
Brittany 97%
English Springer Spaniel 97%
Field Spaniel 97%
Belgian Tervuren 96%
Polish Lowland Sheepdog 96%
American Cocker Spaniel 95%
[notify]
Jin

I'm going with- you, right?

Barked: Fri Apr 16, '10 6:29pm PST 
I took this last night before this was posted, then tried again this evening after seeing this thread...have to say, I'm not entirely impressed with the Animal Planet breed selector quiz. Sure, ACDs were either first or second (second first time, first the second time) but for the most part, a lot of breeds that don't match my answers were higher than or otherwise before breeds that matched more accurately.

Seems too general to me, and apparently some answers are weighted more heavily? Only thing to explain the mix that I got.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6