GO!

DIABETIC CAIRN

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Hamish- MacBeth

You think I'm- handsome ?

Barked: Fri Sep 23, '11 5:30am PST 
I was diagnosed with diabetes last December and the vet told my mom that she should get me a muzzle and a training lead 'cause I was gonna eat her !!shock I've been really good, and, apart from a couple of tense moments, I know the needles (2 every day) are making me feel better, so I let her help me. My mom is worried about me though ... I've lost weight, which I should have, and I feel good most of the time, but I seem to have a new problem almost every week. I've had skin infections (Advantix disagrees with me), my anal glands have impacted, I've had a couple of eye infections and now I'm limping 'cause I seem to have hurt my leg. Mom is having trouble paying for all my problems, what with the insulin and the needles and the anti-biotics for infections and the like ... we'd like to know if anybody out there has had problems like mine and if you have any ideas hows we can deal with these things naturally ... Cheers, Hamish
[notify]
Sachi- (1997-2012)

Dirt is a girls- best friend!

Barked: Fri Sep 30, '11 12:47pm PST 
Sorry, I have no idea about natural remedies for the things he is dealing with. I just wanted to let you know that Sachi is diabetic and has dealt with a lot of infections and other health issues recently too. I hope somebody can come by and give you the answers you're looking for.
[notify]