GO!

Allergies

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

SONNY

Son Son,- Stink,Sonny- Bunny,

Barked: Wed Sep 10, '08 2:38pm PST 
Can anyone tell me if they are having any problems with there cairns skin, allergies or itching. Sonny has been to the doctors numerous times. Now we are seeing an allergist and she says it is probably the food hes eating! If anyone has any suggestions or has the same problem we would greatly appreciate your response!
[notify]
Digger

Barked: Sun Sep 28, '08 1:12pm PST 
My Digger had these little tiny pimples on his back - right by the tail. The vet suggested that his skin might be really sensitive and suggest giving him an Omega-3 pill. Sold by the vet. Digger now takes one a day (with a dab of peanut butter) and his little pimples are now gone. Not sure what allergy Sonny is showing - but if it has to do with skin irritation - ask the vet about Omega-3 capsules for the dog.
[notify]
whisky

You have any- food.

Barked: Mon Oct 6, '08 9:44am PST 
cairns are prone to allergies. If you feed your dog a good food you do not have to buy expensive omega3 vitamins. vets love to sell their stuff. I sugges Dick Van Pattans Natural Balance dog food for allergies. It has no corn, wheat, or soy. It is an excellent food. A few more:
Blue
Solid Gold
Nutro Natual choice
DO not feed Science Diet, full of corn and by products.
I am a pet nutritionalist....I know a log about food. Premium foods will make all the difference in your dogs skin and coat.

Edited by author Mon Oct 6, '08 9:44am PST

[notify]