GO!

is it best to cut the umbilical cord ot let the bitch do it

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

simba

Barked: Mon Oct 11, '10 4:40am PST 
hi my bitch is due to have pups in 6 weeks hopefullylaugh out loud and before anybody says anything ive had all the tests done and done my research.The one thing im not sure on is should i cut the cords my self or let my bitch do it.there are risks on both part i know but i just wondered what use would suggest.ive also watched my friends dog having her pups but it was a king charles cavalier and she let the bitch do it but i was just wondering if there was more of a risk with the bigger bitchs
[notify]
Kahuna

Only my cover is- scary. Read my- book.

Barked: Mon Oct 11, '10 12:28pm PST 
Idealy the bitch will start to lick away the strong membrane and chew through the cord. If she doesn't, you need to act quickly before the pup suffocates. A pup can come every two minutes or every few hours, so stick around until you're sure they're all out. Hope that helps.
[notify]