GO!

Why is George getting aggresive and chasing kids!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

George

Yes I'm- handsome, give- me the treat.

Barked: Sat Feb 27, '10 3:35am PST 
We've had george now for about 2 years but in the last 5 months when out on walks he will try and chase little kids whether there on bikes, running or walking. We punish him when he does it by turning round and going straight home and leaving him in the back yard for half an hour. Will this get through to him?

My wife is 4 months pregnamt so being pulled down the strret when george bolts is becoming a massive worry. Anybody had similar problems and any advice would be appreciated.
By the way indoors he is quite obedient but outside and off the lead he is quite unresponsive.

Cheers

Paul
[notify]
Lexie

Lexie - Momma's Girl

Barked: Mon Mar 1, '10 9:22pm PST 
I suggest going to this website, www.bradpattison.com. He is a dog behavior expert. He is very blunt and some people are turned off by it but it is just his passion for dogs. I have used his methods for my dog and she has improved ten fold. Send him a message through his site trust me it will be worth the time. Also if you have the Slice network he has a show, At the end of my leash.
[notify]