GO!

Running??

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Garrisson

Barked: Sat Dec 5, '09 3:49pm PST 
Hi,
It's my first time posting, but i've alwas enjoyed reading all of you're posts. I have an amazing bully named Garrison. He is 10 and a half months and FULL of energy. I was wondering if it was alright to run with him? I usually go for 45 min, at a jogging pace. I would love to be able to bring him, but am worried about his joints.....Anyone run with there Bullmastiff?
Thanks
[notify]
Lexie

Lexie - Momma's Girl

Barked: Wed Apr 7, '10 12:10am PST 
I take my bully for bike rides every night, and the vet said it was okay and my trainer suggested 45 min actually so your timing is good. The only thing I would say is, what I do with Lexie is let her set the pace if she starts to pull ahead a bit I speed up so she's running and if she's lagging behind a bit I slow down so we can walk, I figure she'll know what her body can handle and so far things have worked out perfect, and really if you are jogging the dog will still be at a nice walking pace anyways!
[notify]