GO!

Help, something is wrong with our ear...

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Louie

Louis Baby!

Barked: Wed Oct 8, '08 4:46pm PST 
Well today I went to feel Louie's ear and the left one is totally fine, but the right one seems to be swollen but only in the middle of his ear. It's supper strange. We have never had anything like this happen before. Does anyone know what this could possibly be? I think we are in need of a trip to the Vet's office. Has this happened to anyone before?

Thank you guys,
Love,
Louie and Hannahpuppy
[notify]
Tigger

Barked: Thu Oct 9, '08 10:23am PST 
I'm not sure, but did a quick internet search and found this:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_would_my_dog_have_a_swollen_ear

D on't know if it's what ails you, a vet visit is probably the safest move. I've had ear infections before but don't recall any swelling, just itches and head shaking.

Hope you feel better soon! hug
[notify]
Keilee May

Can I Eat It?

Barked: Fri Oct 10, '08 5:48pm PST 
My mom says that you should go to the vet. It sounds like you have a hematoma (blood stuck in your ear). Rimmy had one on his forehead before I came home and the vet had to drain it. He is fine now and all his hair has even grown back on his head. Mom says that one of her dogs had it growing up also and that they did surgery on the ear and besides it not standing up anymore she was fine too.
[notify]

Milo {Loves- Ollie}

My heart goes to- ollie and ollie- forever

Barked: Sat Oct 11, '08 4:46pm PST 
my vet said, you might want to smell it, it smells funky your might have earmites.

hope you get well wishes
[notify]
Louie

Louis Baby!

Barked: Sat Oct 11, '08 7:12pm PST 
Thank you guys. It went away smile He seems totally fine now! But we are going to take him for a check up this month and if it comes back we will go in sooner. We are still going to ask what went wrong. It could've easily been a bite! But it's totally fine now! THANK YOU GUYS AGAIN!puppy
[notify]