GO!

I need Help with my peeing problem

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Fonzie

Barked: Sat Sep 27, '08 1:12pm PST 
I have a 1 and a half year old male boxer how loves to pee in his crate, I will take him to the park for an hour and then he goes in his crate and pees. I can't leave him in his crate for 10 min he will pee. I need help I don't understand why, I took him to the vet there is nothing wrong with him we did all the tests. Does he not like his crate it's not to big or small for him. If some one can give me some advise please.
[notify]
Max

Somewhere there- is something I- can eat..

Barked: Sun Sep 28, '08 12:18am PST 
The only suggestion I could give you would be to take the water up for a while before he goes into it... empty him out as well as you can and then no water for a while... give him some ice cubes if he needs it... I am assuming since he's up for adoption that you might not know his background, but I know that if pups are left in dirty conditions they can be "reverse potty-trained" where they basically believe that the crate is the bathroom because they were left in it for too long as puppies. I haven't had this problem, but the potty training should work the same as it does when potty training inside the house. Praise big time when he does it correctly. How about putting him in his crate for like 5 minutes, then taking him outside to go potty, then put him back in... maybe that would help.

Does he have a potty command? Working on that (just say "go potty" or whatever while he's going and he'll learn it very quickly) might help him learn where it is correct to go, also.

Hope some of this might help you!

You sure are cute, and your crate cover looks amazing, we're all jealous!

Edited by author Tue Sep 30, '08 8:33am PST

[notify]
Fonzie

Barked: Sun Sep 28, '08 5:30am PST 
Sorry Every one just one thing Fonzie is NOT up for adoption I corrected that sorry. I clean his crate with vinager and water evey time he pees in it. Thanks for your response. He is a pure breed Boxer.
[notify]

Fonzie

Barked: Sun Sep 28, '08 5:30am PST 
Sorry Every one just one thing Fonzie is NOT up for adoption I corrected that sorry. I clean his crate with vinager and water evey time he pees in it. Thanks for your response. He is a pure breed Boxer.
[notify]
Hershey aka- Silky

lets play ball!

Barked: Wed Oct 1, '08 11:11am PST 
Mommy thinks she may have an idea of why he is peeing in the crate after you take him out. When I used to pee in the house, she would clean it with vingear also. What she noticed after doing it about 5 times is that I would pee exactly where she cleaned it with the vingear. So to test me Mommy cleaned an area of the floor with vingear where I hadn't relieved before and when she came back home she saw that I peed there. Try using Natures Miracle(you can get it @ most pet stores we have it here in Montreal so you should as well) to clean the crate and see if there's a difference.

Good Luck (O and your page still says you're up for adoption)

Edited by author Wed Oct 1, '08 11:12am PST

[notify]
Milo {Loves- Ollie}

My heart goes to- ollie and ollie- forever

Barked: Sat Oct 11, '08 4:48pm PST 
my mommy goes to petco and buys me diapers for around the house, and pads for in the crate!
[notify]