GO!

Help with my Border Terrier

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Wed Jul 25, '12 1:26pm PST 
Three months ago a rehomed a border terrier. She is great in the house and around humans.

From day one I have struggled to walk her on a lead. Added to that is the fact that everytime she sees a cat or a dog she makes this high pitched scream and goes into complete overload. Last week she pulled my arm that badly that she broke free and bit another dog whilst it was in it's owners arms.

I have tried everything but walking her is becoming traumatic and I am concerned about her well being.

Even though I have only had her 3 months I adore her but I am wondering if I am out of my depth. Should she be in a home where she can hunt?
[notify]