GO!

So what kind of training is this?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Sun Jan 27, '13 11:37am PST 
Video

wink
[notify]
Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Sun Jan 27, '13 12:07pm PST 
Hahaha! I want to try that with Conker, but I have a feeling he'll go for the balloon instead.
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Sun Jan 27, '13 12:50pm PST 
big laughbig laughbig laugh
That is sooooo Sophie, except she wouldn't even go in the room with the balloon no matter WHAT was on that string
[notify]

Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Sun Jan 27, '13 1:51pm PST 
This reminds me of when I was clipping Nick's nails the other weekend. Fear of clippers vs. love of cheese. Cheese won big grin
[notify]
Shane DEC- '08-JAN '12- RIP

In dreams I walk- with you..

Barked: Sun Jan 27, '13 2:07pm PST 
That's called "Stress on a Cracker" training. Very Avant-garde, but gaining popularity with certain nuveau groups big laugh
[notify]

Barked: Sun Jan 27, '13 4:41pm PST 
This looks like a lot of play rather than any serious degree of fear. A lot of inquisitive testing and some prey behaviors.
[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 6:22am PST 
big laugh Great video Sanka! big laugh @Shane! Wonder what else you could tie to a cracker?

And would it work with humans? thinking A stack of hundreds tied to a python?

eta: oh wait, game shows . ..yup.

Edited by author Mon Jan 28, '13 6:23am PST

[notify]
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 6:39am PST 
laugh out loudlaugh out loud
[notify]
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 6:46am PST 
big laugh
I wonder how my two would react to that...unsure of their feelings toward balloons
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 6:05pm PST 
I read somewhere, unfortunately, can't remember where, that we shouldn't let dogs near balloons. Because if they bite it, and it explodes, a piece can fly down their throat and block their airway. Is that true? The video was cute. It seems like it was teaching confidence to me. But was it safe?
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2