GO!

Sheltie eating poop!

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Jake

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 2:06pm PST 
Our three year old male sheltie has started eating our other two female shelties poop. We pick up as soon as we see them using bathroom but sometimes when dark we cannot see it all and he can find it. We scold him and wash his mouth but he continues to search every time he goes out. He gets vitamins and we just started our three shelties on Blue Buffalo Adult food so hoping he will stop soon. Anyone have any suggestions? We have tried adding the different things prescibed to put in their food it doesn't work. THank you.
[notify]
Rusty

Champion PPH

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 4:57pm PST 
confused Poop eating, a crumby habit that dogs like. I have heard that putting pineapple in their food works-tastes good going down, but not so much after it comes out.

Edited by author Tue Jan 22, '13 5:35pm PST

[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 5:39pm PST 
Kali always eats poop when I'm not looking. I think she thinks it's a tasty treat.shockconfused
[notify]