GO!

My Pom barks when he hear's a noise which wakes up whole house please help!

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Dash

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 12:07pm PST 
My Pom only barks when someone is at the door which I dont mind and then when he hear's the front gate latch close or hear's a noise. When it was just me and my partner living together it was fine but now we are living with my mother and brother it is a problem.

We all work different times so in the morning if he hear's my mother close the front gate or if someone makes a noise in the house he will bark loud and wake everyone up. No one can get back to sleep then.

I have bought the collar with citronella but waiting from it to arrive. Dont know if this will work.

Any suggestions?

Many Thanks
[notify]
Hucky and- Ringo

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 12:52pm PST 
I myself would expect my dogs to bark if they heard an unfamiliar noise inside or outside the house, especially during the night. It's called protecting. But I also would expect them to stop when I investigate the noise and tell them it's OK. You need to teach him to stop barking when you tell him to.
[notify]