GO!

Dogs new to horses . . .. what are the common reactions?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 12 of 19: Viewing entries 111 to 120)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Thu Dec 27, '12 8:47am PST 
Like Twister, I've been reading the comments, liking ones that show a reasoned, intelligent understanding of both the black & white facts, & the more murky area of dog behavior. I have to admit, some comments pissed me off to the point of responding...like the personal attacks on Tiller & Gus. I have a question...why do the most passionate, yet ignorant people have the worst grammar & sentence structure/parsing skills? laugh out loud wink
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Thu Dec 27, '12 8:53am PST 
Excellent question, Squ'mey. hamster dance
[notify]
Isabelle the- Great

Nothing is- greater than an- Springer!

Barked: Thu Dec 27, '12 9:11am PST 
I have found that people who think they are the most intelligent one but they fail miserably because they do not accept the others argument without coming to insults. They often attack the intelligent ones, ie Tiller's and Talkingtree's post with lies and blindly follow the mainstream ideas.

Yet, I find it horrifying that these people are 'dog people' and they do not know what the term "high drive" is and attack Talkingtree saying she made it up. This is why I rarely post anything on news stories, because people foolishly believe what they read.

Oh and there are the intelligent people who can't communicate so they come off as anti-intellectual. Poor souls, such as myself have a lot to say but can't find the beauty to express themselves such as the likes as Tiller who expresses herself beautifully.

As for the whole situation. When I first heard about, I looked up the park in question and discovered it wasn't a dog park. Like I said, I always research the places I bring my dogs too as I want to know of the possibilities of horses.

Oh well, you can't argue with stupid.
[notify]

Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Thu Dec 27, '12 9:51am PST 
Isabelle. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I can usually tell if english is not the first language of a writer. Intelligent thought can come through, despite a lack of grammar. There are Dogsters that have a wealth of knowledge to share and I admire the effort to try to put it in english.
I've lost count of how many times I've read a Tiller post & said "damn...why can't I be so eloquent?"laugh out loudred facehail
[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Thu Dec 27, '12 12:06pm PST 
know dat Squ`mey
I knew Tiller when it was posted under the troll name talkingtree.
[notify]
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Thu Dec 27, '12 4:23pm PST 
You dunt knowe nothing Squermy! Dat horse shouldnt of been there. Thatwas a dogg park! That officar was rong!

I have noticed that most people who respond to just Dogster articles tend to be on the extreme end of things. They have their opinions and there's no leeway in them.

I originally read just the Dogster article and went off that. Now I'm quite embarrassed with what I wrote. I didn't have all the facts.silenced That was early on though. Still should have known better.
[notify]
Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Thu Dec 27, '12 4:43pm PST 
I understand being so hot under the collar about a subject that you misspell a few words while typing. I've done that, and it's one of the reasons I *try* to wait until I'm cooled down before responding to infuriating comments. However, sometimes a post is just so over run with poor spelling and punctuation, that you wonder if the person had any schooling at all! Sometimes it's fairly obvious that English is a second language and sometimes the person may have a disability, but more often than not, it's a native English speaker who has no excuse.
shrug

Oh, and my emoticon post was actually aimed at Tiller's post above Charlie Brown's, I didn't see the other post until later, but it works for both. wink
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Thu Dec 27, '12 4:52pm PST 
That person has no brain. It's so funny...not in a haha way.....that I more or less am around responsible dog owners. Even the ones I don't think are very good dog owners are actually responsible with a good general knowledge. My brain is still spinning that some think "high prey drive" is an invented term used in a conspiracy sense. I mean it's just unreal to me. Maybe you don't understand precisely what drive is, but to have not heard the phrase....like at ALL? Would I have thought that likely? Not from a supposed dog lover. My sisters wouldn't, but they have cats silenced
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Thu Dec 27, '12 5:56pm PST 
My family all have dogs but they are not dog people, none of them. We were talking high drive (concerning my lab puppy WITHOUT IT) at our family Christmas and they all knew what it was.
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Thu Dec 27, '12 6:11pm PST 
Even my family who are pretty dog illiterate seem to understand what I'm talking about when I discuss drive.

My 8 year old niece grasped the point when I explained the difference between the breeding and drives between her new cocker pup, my kelpie, and a pitbull. An 8 year old for chrissakes.

If there is one thing that bugs me it's bad spelling and a complete lack of grammar, so I can't bring myself to look at the thread. I got enough of that rubbish on the anti BSL Australia Facebook page when I tried to put forward some common sense and explain why you should not allow your toddler to ride your pit like a horse, just to be met with a chorus of 'YOUR RONG!'

Seriously, they hurt their own cause with the narrow mindedness and blatant idiocy.
[notify]
  (Page 12 of 19: Viewing entries 111 to 120)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19