GO!

getting a second dog.

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 5 of 6: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 5:23pm PST 
Did you get your puppy? Hope the introduction went well.
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Sun Dec 16, '12 11:13am PST 
happy dancehappy dancehappy dance I got her!!! She is sooooo beautiful....and good news , all of her sisters got adopted to!!! And yes it is a no kill shelter BTW~!!!!! I will have some pics soon, I can't get a good one yet.....all blury
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Sun Dec 16, '12 12:06pm PST 
O.k I made her a profile with the pics I have so far. She is very sweet and i was so happy to hear her sisters are adopted as well. The introduction went well, Mika has growled a few times but that is all.....I think that is pretty normal?
[notify]

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 4:01am PST 
She's very beautiful. Jax used to growl at Koby all the time. But he was a pain in the @$$....... to her. He was like "you will like me". Kali is the clown. She instigates all the rough-housing. LOLOLOL As long as it doesn't escalate, then your ok. Having a dog that teaches boundaries is a good thing. You know your dogs, so I'm sure you will be fine. Good Luck with her. cheer
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 5:50am PST 
Thanks very much Kali....BTW the way quick question, Lexi's nose is warm and pretty dry but shes drinking and eating well....any idea's?
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 8:02am PST 
Mika..she is sooo cutecloud 9 Keep your eye on her. It might be stress, but it could also be an early symptom of other things. Have you scheduled a vet visit yet? Always a good idea when you bring home a new pup/dog. It will give you peace of mind & you can ask any questions you need to.
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 8:45am PST 
Thank you very much Squ'mey I will keep an eye on her for sure. I haven't got her a vet visit but I will a.s.a.p. for early January. smile
[notify]

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 6:28pm PST 
I agree with Squ'mey. I hope she settles in quick. Good Luck with her. smile
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 7:39pm PST 
Thanks Kali, I am making her an apt for early January unless it seems to worsen then I will get her in before Christmas, but I will keep an eye on her. way to go
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 8:54am PST 
Well am pleased to say, Lexus hasn't had an accident in going on 3 days now, including night time. Also her nose has cooled down a lot so I am thinking she was just a bit stressed. She is still going to the vet in early January though for a check. But she is doing great, Mika is pretty jealous but they are getting along and I am giving Mika lots of extra love and alone time.....so all is well with the new pup, she is learning to walk on her leash better now also. I am so proud of her and Mika......and just love having 2 Huskies!!! happy dance
[notify]
  (Page 5 of 6: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6