|Barked: Thu Nov 29, '12 5:40pm PST |
|A fun thread we've done on other sites. Besides the obvious of having a pooch...or two...or four...
What makes YOU a dog person? It began with a discussion some time ago about cat people, dog people and of course some people go both ways heeheehee.
For almost fifty years I identified as a cat person. My house was decorated in wall to wall cat and cats. Statues, pictures, needlework, tattoos, books sheets,handbags,clothes, anything imaginable. I inherited alot from my Mom including the attitude of dogs were sweet and needy but cats rule.
Then I met the sweet brown-eyed baby who would turn me around. The change was gradual. I became a pro bully advocate-lots of great tshirts to spread the word. Then some framed pictures, and the search for iconic statues. More shirts, more pictures, noticing all the dogs in public I never really saw before.
Then the personal shift in realizing "Wait I REALLY am a cat person, what is happening to me?"
1. Bringing the dog home treats when I go out and feeling truly guilty if I don't.
2. Apologizing to the dog for not having time to get her a treat.
3. The ice cream flavor I get depends on if I can share it with her.
4. The dog vs cat tshirt ratio is 3:1.
5. I know more neighborhoods from nightly walks than I ever did in thirty years of living here.
6. The best time of my day used to be night time with a good book and a cat on my lap. Now the best is night time with a good book, a cat on my lap, and two dogs spread across the rest of me.
5. I have talked to Sophie on the phone when I was gone overnight...and called her sitter um...three times? okay maybe four...
Okay, the actual cats do indeed rule the house and I still love them dearly...but tonight I put magnet frames on a picture each of Sophie and Callie to put in my locker at work...I guess I've crossed to the canine side...I surrender
So what makes YOU a dog person?
Edited by author Tue Dec 4, '12 3:46pm PST
|my posts | my page | msg me | my family's posts | gift me | become pals|| [notify]|