GO!

Uggie?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Dexter *CGC- silver*

If it moves - Herd it!

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 8:51am PST 
Has anyone heard of Uggie?

The lovely little dog from Water for Elephants and The Artist...

I bought the book yesterday, 'Uggie, The Artist... My Story'. It's delightful! An Autobi'dog'raphy, written from Uggie's point of view... It has some brilliant chapters about Uggie's trainer and owner, Omar Von Muller and how he transformed Uggie from a pound-bound, cat killing, mad dog, to the super famous movie star he is today... I'm only six chapters in and I've laughed and learned so much... Not to mention, the fact that it is written from Uggie's point of view, makes it heartwarming puppy

Now I think I want a Parsons JRT!

If you haven't heard or know of Uggie, check out his videos on YouTube... Too cute!

He has so many awards I can't even name them all... He even has his own iPhone app!!!

DISCLAIMER: Please do research before rushing out and buying your very own, Uggie. Parsons are typical terriers and not for everyone puppy

He even has his own star on the Hollywood Boulevard Walk of Fame...

But, what I really wanted to know, is what do you guys think of thrusting dogs into the spotlight? Uggie obviously doesn't mind, but in general, would you take your dog to The Oscar's or The Golden Globes?

Paparazzi, flashing lights, applauding crowds, screaming fans, continuously being touched and made to perform?

What's your thoughts?
[notify]
Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 9:18am PST 
He was on The Graham Norton show last Friday too, bless him wink

I think his owner/trainer said he's now retired from acting as he's getting older. But as long as the dog is enjoying being in the limelight like that then i don't see the harm.

My sisters little dog ( the dog in the picture with Missy ) is a dog model and has an agent and everything. He gets called for auditions and things like that and he loves it all. He's a camera hog so it suits him right down to the ground.
[notify]
Dexter *CGC- silver*

If it moves - Herd it!

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 9:22am PST 
Yeah, I saw him on Graham Norton... He's adorable!

The fact that he looks a little older, just makes him cuter in my opinion puppy

I too don't think Uggie minds in the slightest.

I'm just curious to hear what others think.
[notify]

Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 11:49am PST 
In the video of him on Ellen, I thought I saw a shock or bark collar of some sort, and I was staring, and staring, trying to see what in the world it was, because it didn't seem like one when I realized... IT'S A CUTE BOW TIE! laugh out loud

I haven't seen either of those movies, but what a cute little dog!

Way I see it, is if the commotion of being in the spotlight doesn't stress the dog out, then go for it, some even enjoy all the attention. I know Charlie would delve in all of it and be trying to soak up attention from everyone left, right and center. Ria, on the other hand, would get overwhelmed and scared.
[notify]
Dexter *CGC- silver*

If it moves - Herd it!

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 12:12pm PST 
Lol, Charlie... I did the same. When he was at The Oscars, I was like, "what in the world is round his neck?" Then I read in his book that it was a $60,000 bow tie! shock

Afterwards, they auctioned it in aid of animal charities cloud 9
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 1:44pm PST 
That dog is ADORABLE and it is clear that he loves his job- just like the dogs that played Eddie on Frasier! I think it's pretty obvious that he likes the attention/lime light. My dogs would say No Thank You! Except, maybe Lizzie, if she got enough pets!

Sarah is half Parson Russell Terrier, and she has a little bit of that "terrier tude" but she is nowhere near as obsessive or energetic as a true Parson would be. And I am grateful! smile It takes a special owner to have a dog like that!
[notify]