GO!

This makes me ill.....

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Noah

Show me the- COOKIES!!!

Barked: Thu Oct 25, '12 7:28pm PST 
I came across this video on YouTube. Some "trainer"...

Click Here

Edited by author Thu Oct 25, '12 7:29pm PST

[notify]
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Thu Oct 25, '12 7:40pm PST 
eekeekeekeekeekeekeek

Holy poop!! Those poor dogs!!

crycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycry
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Thu Oct 25, '12 7:47pm PST 
There's a floodfest from hell. shock
[notify]

y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Thu Oct 25, '12 8:24pm PST 
I don't think this is much of a "training method" though the dogs who stayed and looked nonplussed are really great.

ETA: seriously the owners of dogs who freaked out must have known it would freak them out and should have refused to do this exercise.

Edited by author Thu Oct 25, '12 8:25pm PST

[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Thu Oct 25, '12 8:47pm PST 
I am so beyond disgusted with ALL of the people(trainers and owners included) for putting their dogs through such abuse. Did everyone see the people YANKING their dogs to try to force them down? Not only was that a REALLY dangerous method, but OMG... Trying to make the dogs unafraid of fireworks by PHYSICALLY PUNISHING THEM?!

If only I could find his personal information to tell these trainers EXACTLY what I think of them.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Oct 26, '12 5:16am PST 
I am extremely disgusted and apalled that anyone would subject a terrified dog to that type of abuse in the name of training.shockshockshock The idiot behind this should be put in a sit stay and be given a 21 gun salute,with all the guns aimed at him.eek
[notify]
Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Fri Oct 26, '12 7:25am PST 
Not exactly a great team-building/trust-building exercise thinking
[notify]
Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Fri Oct 26, '12 7:39am PST 
Wow...and it looked like the brown dog actually broke its collar, that had to have hurt! cry
[notify]
Alva BH

I ordered the- best dog for me- & got her

Barked: Fri Oct 26, '12 7:59am PST 
And you can clearly see from the dogs' expressions that they know what is coming or they have been yanked for something else earlier. I wonder if this was supposed to be a class for shot shy dogs? Uhhh... Poor dogs.

This is very dangerous training. Not only for the mental and physical health of the animal and the risk for the handler to get injured by bite or scratch. One of the dogs actually escapes and you can hear the loud noise of traffic in the background. Was there even a fence...
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Fri Oct 26, '12 8:45am PST 
That's disgusting!! I felt so angry watching that. The poor Malinois at the front frown If any of those owners/handlers get bit it's their own fault and can't say it's not deserved either!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8