GO!

We had an earthquake @ 7:15 pm tonight.

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Tue Oct 16, '12 5:09pm PST 
Not sure where to post this. My dogs had the stupidest look on their faces while it was going on.
They just stood there, like they were saying......."Mom do something". confused It was a 4.6 magnitude. It's not something we are used to here.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Tue Oct 16, '12 5:18pm PST 
Most of mine had just gone outside, but the ones inside were pretty nervous, actually just BEFORE everything started shaking, which was interesting. Two of them were hiding under my desk and the others were all trying to jump into my lap.
At this time of year I assumed my furnace exploded, BOL!
Even now, one hour later, all the dogs in the neighborhood are STILL barking, except for mine!!!
I have felt ones that were much longer but never one as strong as this one was here. Once I was in bowling league and ALL the pins fell down!!
[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Tue Oct 16, '12 5:26pm PST 
It was pretty intense and really loud. It sounded like very large military helicopters were flying very low over our house. It went on for a while. I was surprised. My dogs are dense, they didn't react until it happened. They were play arguing over a small ball right in from of me. And then it happened. They froze and stared at me like they wanted me to stop it. I do think it interesting when dogs/animals can sense something like that coming. I guess the epicenter was about 13 miles North West of Saco, ME.
[notify]

D'artagnan

I'm not lazy,- I'm just waiting- to play..

Barked: Tue Oct 16, '12 5:54pm PST 
Dar seemed okay during it, but wanted to be picked up afterwards. He only asks to be picked up when he is tired or scared. I don't even think my cat noticed. She just kinda looked around.
[notify]
Smokey

Let's play tug!!

Barked: Tue Oct 16, '12 8:19pm PST 
Oh no!! These earthquakes on the east coast are freaking me out!
[notify]
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Tue Oct 16, '12 8:40pm PST 
That's better than them freaking out! Farles would have ran and hid in a corner, panting and drooling. frown lol
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Tue Oct 16, '12 8:51pm PST 
happens a lot here in southern california. the dogs sorta just look around and shrug.
[notify]