GO!

What can't you trust your dog with?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Tiaki CGC- SD

I am a Pringles- pilfering pup!!

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 7:08pm PST 
I absolutely CANNOT trust Tia with coffee or Pringles. She will steal them the second my back is turned! Sita is better, but I can't leave goodies from the doggy bakery within her reach lol. What can't your dogs be trusted with?
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 7:17pm PST 
The only thing I can honestly say is not safe if left readily available is their jerky treats that we get from someplace in Maine. Other than that,simply telling them to "leave it" or reminding them it is not theirs is enough to keep even a steak dinner left on the coffee table safe. That is a lesson here from day one,that it is not theirs unlees given to them by us,and even then we can take it away,has made for some very well behaved pups when it comes to knowing they are not to touch what is not theirs. I am very pleased with them and very proud of them when it comes to that.
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 7:45pm PST 
Food isn't a problem, I can leave a chicken dinner on the coffee table without him going near it, but this is one dog who will NEVER be walked near a road off leash. He seems to have a mad compulsion to end up under the wheel of a truck. silenced
[notify]

Miyu CGC

Bow down to the- Princess Brat!

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 10:27pm PST 
I haven't had Miyu that long, but for right now it is food. She will leave it when we tell her to, but turn your back and it's gone. She seems to be especially fond of snickerdoodles. big laugh

I would also add underwear to that list. Freshly worn. It's ripped apart if it's on her floor. To her credit if it's out of 'easy' reach she doesn't try to get at it...
[notify]
Maggie,- Tika, &- Porter

Aussie-tastic- Trio

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 10:44pm PST 
Maggie loves my coffee/tea...she also will happily counter/table surf for baked goods.

Tika is a lush for butter and understands the butter dish.

All three of the dogs are terrible about cat food.
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 12:44am PST 
Butter!laugh out loudlaugh out loud Squ'mey is a total butter w#0r3. bol
You can not leave it on the counter or the table..even if you are retrieving your toast from the toaster..he will take the whole block. My roommate tried to put it on top of the coffee maker at the back of the counter...nope..he pulled it off. If you even take the butter out of the fridge he is snaking between your legs, trying to jostle it out of your grasp.
[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 3:33am PST 
Food isn't an issue with Cobain.
Not too long ago I had to make a 2 hour drive after work with him.
So first I drove thru McDonalds - I ordered a full meal so he could have most of the fries.

Right after I opened the bag and gave him one, I realized that I desperately needed gas.

So I pull into the gas station and get out of the car, not realizing that I not only left the McDonalds bag next to Cobain, but I left it open!

I came back to the car and found him sitting there patiently next to the bag. Not even a single fry was stolen.

If that were Rigby or Oz, the whole bag would have been gone for sure!
[notify]
Koby

I'm a big brat- and I don't care- :)

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 3:59am PST 
Large exercise balls................LOLOLOL
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 4:12am PST 
Anything!laugh out loud Seriously, anything dropped on the floor will wind up in his stomach. And I do mean anything. eek
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 4:14am PST 
Same thing here, Cobain! JT travels in the back of the jeep with my groceries (including bags of his raw) and never even looks in the bags! He's too busy looking out the window at cars, lol.

Koby .... laugh out loud You tried!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4