GO!

Independence Building Exercises?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Wizard SDIT

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 6:25am PST 
My puppy is quite people oriented. Not a super social butterfly, just content to be around his humans more than anything else. But it's starting to develop into an unhealthy level of separation anxiety and I want him to be comfortable being left alone or just not with his human 24/7. What are some activities you would recommend? He's currently being crate trained but it isn't 100% yet. He's fed in there and it is left open, it won't be "his" crate forever because he will outgrow it.
[notify]
MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

RAE TQX MXF MXB2- MJS2 MXBP MXJP,- etc.

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 4:29pm PST 
Try the DVD "Crate Games." It will help the dog in more ways than just getting him to love his crate. smile
[notify]
Rest in- Paradise- Voltaire.- 1/1

Did somebody say- deer??

Barked: Tue Oct 16, '12 3:23pm PST 
We have the crate training covered. That isn't what I'm asking.
[notify]

ATCH Tika RA- CL3

Mine?

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '12 6:22pm PST 
Crate Games is not all about crate training, it builds impulse control and independence.
[notify]