GO!

Anybody else's dog sleep with their eyes open?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Tue Oct 2, '12 7:13am PST 
Sanka's basically deaf when he's asleep nowadays. Seriously, I shout his name 2 ft away from him, and he doesn't wake up.

So I've been investigating other methods to wake him when needed. And I noticed he sleeps with his eyes open! It's kind of creepy. I would wave my hand in front of his eyes trying to motivate him to get up. I thought he was awake and just being lazy, but nope, sound asleep.

Does anyone else have a dog like this?
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Tue Oct 2, '12 8:55am PST 
Sometimes Scruffy sleeps with his eyes open. While he is alseep his eyes roll up into the back of his head so you can pretty much only see the whites of his eyes and he looks possessed. shock

Edited by author Tue Oct 2, '12 8:56am PST

[notify]
Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Tue Oct 2, '12 9:50am PST 
Maci all the time! And it is freaky.

In the dogs I know... it is the active, 'do not want to miss anything' dogs that do it. We joke that they do not want to waste any time waking up so they have the open eyes part started. laugh out loud
[notify]

Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Tue Oct 2, '12 10:28am PST 
Noah will sometimes, but not all the time. It tends to be when he's dreaming and is accompanied by growling, yipping and twitching.
[notify]
Bhaira

Belly Rub! Belly- Rub!

Barked: Tue Oct 2, '12 11:01am PST 
nope, but my cat does. It's super freaky.
[notify]
Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Wed Oct 3, '12 3:05am PST 
Sometimes...
[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Wed Oct 3, '12 5:59am PST 
Gus often has one eye kinda droopy, so the second eyelid is showing, she looks demonic . . ..eeklaugh out loud

Have you tried waving bacon under his nose to wake him up?
[notify]
Samoa- SunnyBear- Bell

Happy Boy!

Barked: Wed Oct 3, '12 6:42am PST 
Samoa does...He seems to be able to see things too. Except sometimes when he is deeply asleep and twitching...
[notify]
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Wed Oct 3, '12 6:50am PST 
Creepy Conker!

Augusta, I did try bacon in front of his nose. Didn't wake him up. I even set the bacon on his head, and he still didn't wake up.laugh out loud
[notify]