GO!

Hooray!!!

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Bruschi ^..^

Barked: Fri May 20, '05 5:14pm PST 
Bruschi learned to sit today. Okay now I know that this is a small accomplishment and you're probably saying that he's just sitting because he's tired but I've spent all day telling him to sit and he does it. Weather it's for a treat or a toy he's doing it. This gives me great hope for finalizing the potty training. I guess after a few weeks of having a puppy and he never does anything you tell him to do I feel like I can actually train him. I swear I thought it was hopeless. smile
[notify]
♥Stitch♥

I love my mom.

Barked: Fri May 20, '05 5:55pm PST 
Way to go Bruschi!!! It took me until after graduation to lay down. I was really slow on everything but come & loose leash. I was afraid of the hand signals. Then I realized my mom would not hurt me. I am still learning. Good luck buddy.
[notify]
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Sat May 21, '05 12:05am PST 
Good job Bruschi! (I think the next trick you should learn is high five smile )
[notify]

Sara

Got Bread?

Barked: Sat May 21, '05 1:36am PST 
yay!!! Good job!
[notify]
Abby

I'd love to chew- your shoes

Barked: Sat May 21, '05 7:55am PST 
Thats a big accomplishment...we are going through the same thing!! Down and Stay are even more challenging smile It is really rewarding, isnt it?
[notify]
Cooper

be the person- your dog thinks- you are

Barked: Sat May 21, '05 8:17am PST 
How do you teach high 5?
[notify]
Britney

Britney is very- special!!

Barked: Sun May 22, '05 12:26am PST 
Way to go! Sit is a great one to know! I know High five. Mommy took my paw and held it up and had a treat in her hand and when I did it she said "High Five. We did this over and over again. I also know the double high five with both paws. I hope I explained that one right. I am tweeping and telling mommy what to type so I may be too tired right now. I will post again when I am more awake in case this doesn't sound right. Woof!
[notify]