GO!

why do male dogs pee on each other?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
FIONA

Look at my- beautiful hair!

Barked: Thu Jul 9, '09 8:46am PST 
so... i've always seen male dogs that are not neutured pee on each other why do they pee on each other?
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Thu Jul 9, '09 8:50am PST 
I've never seen male dogs do that. The closest to that I've seen is when a dog is in a hurry to mark over where another dog peed, and they are in such a hurry to make sure to get their chance that they try to mark when the other dog is still in the spot. Maybe that is what is happening?
[notify]
Toby

They call me- Snags!!

Barked: Thu Jul 9, '09 10:52am PST 
Toby actually pees right on top of Ionia every single time he is around. When we go on nature hikes and I pee in the forest, he even pees on top of my spot.

It's a dominance thing as far as I know.

It could also be that Toby is just a weirdo.... He's our little creep!
[notify]

Rosco

What you got?- Can I eat it?

Barked: Thu Jul 9, '09 11:07am PST 
Rosco peed on a Lhasa and his owner during a playdate one time. Needless to say we haven't seen them since. As far as why, I've been told it's a dominance issue. He was only 2 months old at the time though, so I'm not sure.

And don't worry Toby, I tell Rosco he's a weirdo all the time.
big laugh
[notify]
FIONA

Look at my- beautiful hair!

Barked: Thu Jul 9, '09 11:59am PST 
scrappy the chihuahua is 8 months now and for the past month he's been trying to pee on my foot... strange! and he trys to pee on the neighbors bulldog and then the bulldog trys to pee on him... yuck big grin
[notify]
Trigger

*Blackdog*

Barked: Thu Jul 9, '09 12:13pm PST 
My ex husband's springer Ruger used to do that...needless to say I'm glad they're both gone.

It was seriously disgusting, and annoying. I had to bathe my boys sometimes several times a week because he was almost obsessive about getting them every chance he had. Never in the house, but the second we got outside his leg was up and it became his primary focus. Over and over and over again, he'd lift his leg and try even if he had no wee left in him if they were laying in the grass or whatever. He was not neutered (not my choice in the least, I have four males of my own, all neutered, none have ever marked a thing).

I saw similar behavior all the time in unneutered males when I volunteered at my local shelter. It's one of the reasons why neutering my guys was a priority.

I too think it's a dominance thing...although Ruger was also bat crap crazy due to what I believe was extremely messed up breeding so....
[notify]
Sampson Duke

Aw- the couch...- Like sleeping on- clouds

Barked: Thu Jul 9, '09 12:42pm PST 
Great question! I was wondering the same thing. Soldier keeps trying to pee on sam. (THAT is a sight to be seen, soldier is only 10 weeks old) Thankfully you asked this question cus now I guess I know the answer that soldier is trying to be dominate of sam..BOL>>BOL>>BOL
[notify]
Pi

Belly Rubs- Please!

Barked: Thu Jul 9, '09 1:07pm PST 
Hm, I have 2 intact dogs and neither of them pee on other dogs? Why is it when A dog does something, it's because they aren't neutered? Ever think its just the dog?

Pugsley has been peed on, by accident.. Chase or Pi will be peeing and he'll go over and go right under them to mark where they had just peed and the big boys wont be done.. Drives me crazy laugh out loud
[notify]
Tofu

Pet me!

Barked: Thu Jul 9, '09 2:48pm PST 
My next door neighbor's dog will lift his leg and direct his urine right at Tofu. Now, I will not let Tofu close to that dog anymore. Disgusting! Tofu will not try to pee on another dog, but he must pee on top of another dog's pee if he smells it.
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Thu Jul 9, '09 2:55pm PST 
shock Never seen or experienced a pee fight before. Though my husband says that when he was little he and his brother would have "sword fights." laugh out loud Closest I've seen is a big dog peeing and a little dog accidentally runs through the stream.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2