GO!

Licking Pug

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Bailey

Spoiled Rotten

Barked: Sun Aug 19, '07 1:24pm PST 
My Pug, Bailey licks excessively. I'm concern that it might be some deficiency. He licks everything, but the most annoying is our bedding a fabric furniture. He will lick a huge wet spot on our recliner etc. Can anyone tell me what to do about this. I asked the vet, but he said it was common for some dogs to lick.
[notify]
♥ Princess ♥

Let me sleep for- another five- mintes.

Barked: Sun Aug 19, '07 1:29pm PST 
You know, in most breeds, I would say that licking can be a calming behavior, but not with pugs. I'm sure I am not the only pug owner who will tell you that pugs lick...everything...constantly.

They lick your arms and legs, they lick the couch, they lick the kitchen floor. Just one of the many interesting pug behaviors that will either make the breed endearing or drive you batpoop.
[notify]
Drizzle

Support our- Soldiers!!!

Barked: Mon Aug 20, '07 5:26am PST 
LOL, I wonder if it is a smooshed face doggie traitlaugh out loud. Our Pekes lick all the time, and it is so annoying!!! My husband taught them to give kisses, I blame him for everything that follows, lol.
[notify]