GO!

sleeping with eyes open

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Louie

me too! MMMEEEE- TTTOOOOO!!!

Barked: Tue Jan 23, '07 8:46pm PST 
does anyone else's dog do this? louie will sleep with his eyes open and i get worried they are going to get too dry! it is just kind of freaky. sometimes his eyes will be moving around and he will be sleep barking (barking with his mouth shut) but he is asleep!
[notify]
Belle

Will Take you- On!

Barked: Tue Jan 23, '07 8:53pm PST 
Belle did, sometimes... It almost seemed more like a really zoned out stare than sleep. But she would startle awake if you spoke to her or touched her.

Nothing ever came of it, although it scared me quite a few times as she got older and I knew her health was failing.

Vance sleeps with his eyes half closed, but his second eye lid is always shut.
[notify]
Penelope

Anyone want- kisses???

Barked: Tue Jan 23, '07 9:06pm PST 
Penny does this...although I think it's because she sleeps on her ear and it pulls her eyelids up..BOL..it's weird I agree. eek Does it happen all the time or just once in a while? Penny barks also when she's sleeping..she's quite humourous. I think it's just a little quirk in their personalitylaugh out loud

Edited by author Tue Jan 23, '07 9:07pm PST

[notify]

Louie

me too! MMMEEEE- TTTOOOOO!!!

Barked: Tue Jan 23, '07 9:14pm PST 
Louie will have full board barking, eye twitching, mouth moving dreams. I sometimes wonder what he is actually dreaming about. When he was really little he would suckle in his sleep (which always made me feel bad). Right now he is next to me moving his paws in his sleep and has his eyes open and twitching like crazy.
I have a friend whose dog poops in her sleep! hahaha
[notify]
Zoey

Better than I- was

Barked: Tue Jan 23, '07 9:27pm PST 
I do that too, but my She knows better than assume I am awake, if I really am sleeping I will bite first. apoligize later (if at all!). I often do it in the evening before the last walk, my eyes look like I am awake, but nothing else moves.
[notify]
Callie NPC,- DBE, STCH,- LP1, CR

100% pure Love- Sponge Attention- Hound!

Barked: Tue Jan 23, '07 10:07pm PST 
I sleep with my eyes half open, but Mom can usually tell by my breathing that I'm not awake.
[notify]
Romulus

Veni vidi vici!

Barked: Wed Jan 24, '07 10:50pm PST 
Romulus used to do this a lot when he was a puppy...He would have dream after dream, eyes half open, and you could even see his eyes darting back and forth, chasing little squirrels...hehe His paws would quiver excitedly as he dreamed about running.

As he got older, he sleeps more with his eyes closed...It's perfectly normal, but sometimes I shut his eyes gently to avoid dryness...
[notify]
Meeko

our little- boston- TERROR!!!!!

Barked: Wed Jan 24, '07 11:02pm PST 
mommy says i'm known to sleep standing with my eyes open & snoring from time to time confused...even i think that's weirdshrugred face
[notify]