GO!

Interested in finding a Bedlington breeder

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Jasper

High-flyin' Pup!

Barked: Sat Aug 25, '07 10:26pm PST 
Hey pups! I'm thinking about adding a second dog to my family when I graduate next year. I have always admired Bedlingtons, and I think my home would be a good match for one. I live in an apartment, but Jasper and I are pretty active. I'm looking for another small, active, affectionate pup. I want to start gathering information and checking out breeders now so I can be ready to put down a deposit on a puppy around the time I graduate.

I've been looking through breeders' websites and reading up on copper toxicosis, but I'm still a little confused about what tests should be run when and what the test results mean. I've found a TON ofsites about this, and maybe there's something I'm missing, but if anyone could point me towards a site that explains it simply I would be very appreciative.

I have a lot of dog rescue experience, and I'm halfway through a program to become a vet tech, but I have zero experience in looking for a purebred dog. Google pops up a bunch of breeders, but I feel overwhelmed and don't know where to begin...

If any Bedlington owners could be so kind as to just give me a nudge in the right direction, I would be very appreciative. I'm not in a hurry, but right now I'm just kind of floundering and not sure where to start. Thanks!
[notify]
Lucy

Girls Just Wanna- Have Fun!

Barked: Sun Sep 16, '07 1:39pm PST 
You might look at www.ashcroftterriers.com - I emailed this lady with questions and she is VERY knowledgeable!! You could also check as to whether she has a litter planned. Also, of course, breeders are listed on the BTCA website and any good breeder will be more than happy to go into much detail about the breed. They are very protective of these angel dogs. You do want to get the VenGen report for both parents.

Most want you to have a fenced yard... I don't - I live in a townhouse and take her for hour walks most days and to day care for socialization and exercise. I got my girl from Diane Stille in CO and she is a GREAT breeder! My guess is that she'll be having another litter in the next year. Her website is www.elante1.com. There are several great breaders who do not have websites but can be contacted by email through the BTCA site. Good Luck! snoopy
[notify]