GO!

My mommy and daddy need some help.

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Elina

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '07 10:14am PST 
My mommy and daddy rescued me from the pound last December. I am 2 years old and I love my new home. I like to digg and howl at birds and my boyfriend Sammy. They don't like me doing these things and I don't know how to stop. Maybe you guys can give me some pointers so I can make them happywink I also don't like my daddy to put me outside to go potty, I won't listen and I will pee if he picks me up to put me outside, I'm not sure why I do this but he gets very mad at me for it.cry How can I get past this?thinking Hope to talk to you soon.
[notify]
Maggie

Barked: Sun Oct 21, '07 3:24pm PST 
For digging my dad made me a sandbox and mom hid toys in there for me to find. If she caught me digging in the yard she would tell me "NO!" and point at my box til I went over there to dig.

For barking I don't think there is much to stop us. Mom says "Quiet!" and I know if I don't stop barking I will have to go inside. Needless to say I have to go inside a lot. It's kind of like a time out for dogs. I get to go back out once I settle down a bit.

For potty breaks maybe your dad should take you out on a leash. When you do make your potty dad should say in a VERY HAPPY voice "Good Girl! Good Potty!". If he gives you a treat sometimes that will help you learn you did a good thing. He should only give a treat once in a while so you will always want to do your potty in the right place for the right reason and not expect a treat everytime.

I hope some of this helps.
[notify]