GO!

Beagles with Cancer...Beware!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Rookie

All you can eat- Rookie:)

Barked: Sun Apr 22, '07 6:21pm PST 
All,

I've had a rude awaken the past few months. My 8 year old beagle was recently diagnosed with lymphoma. This is apparently very common in beagles, but I didn't believe it until I sat in the waiting room of the oncologist and watch the revolving door of beagles receive their chemo treatments. It is the saddest thing. Please get insurance that covers cancer treatments. I had insurance but it didn't cover cancer treatments. Therefore, I had to seek out a fund called the Magic Bullet fund for financial assisstance. Please give a few dollars towards this fund and please make sure you get good doggie insurance. You can get really good insurance at this link! http://www.themagicbulletfund.org/

Please help.
[notify]
Tucker

My special- little guy

Barked: Mon Apr 23, '07 6:18am PST 
Hey, Rookie. We're all pulling for you. I hope you get well soon.

wishes
[notify]
♥ RIP- Copper- Beagleswor

My heart belongs- to Duke.

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '07 11:28pm PST 
Thanks for the advice Rookie and we are pulling for you too. Last year, we were told that Copper had lympthoma but it turned out to be an error but it scared me to death. My girl is 12 now and I didn't want to face that. So far the only thing she has is Cushing's. She goes for her check up the second week of May so hopefully her health will still be good.
[notify]

Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '07 8:38am PST 
Copper, that's good to hear! snoopy

Rookie, we'll be pulling for you and praying! We do have doggie insurance. Hugs!
[notify]
Spirit Bear

if you can't- afford them dont- board them

Barked: Wed May 9, '07 9:42am PST 
i had a beagle named barney a couple years ago that kept having seizures , we found out he had a brain tumor, then we found out it was inopperable , that was one of the saddest days for me , he was only 2 years old and we rescued him from a pound. it is too bad they didn't tell us about it , i really loved that dog. he kept me company while my husband was deployed.
[notify]
Bojangles

Born to eat !

Barked: Wed May 23, '07 3:19pm PST 
I have never heard of Beagles being prone to Cancer, That is very disturbing news.

We certainly feel your pain and anguish, and hope that Rookie is at the very least responding to the treatments, it has to be hard, and we're going to keep Rookie in our prayers, God Speed, and keep fighting.! way to go
[notify]