GO!

Running

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Thu Apr 4, '13 7:01pm PST 
I have a 15 month old spayed female. She is extremely high drive and tireless. She has competed in dock diving and just learned frisbee basics a couple weekends ago. She goes to daycare once a week, spends several hours playing at the dog park. She also has regularly scheduled play dates with my friends dogs and pups of similar age. I am an avid runner and would love to start taking her with me but I'm not sure if she's old enough to start running. Anyone have any advice on when to start her running?
[notify]
Lily

I will use my- cuteness to- persuade you!

Barked: Thu Apr 4, '13 9:49pm PST 
I have heard that you can start running and jumping dogs usually at 18 months old, which is usually about the time the growth plates are fused.
[notify]