GO!

Should I?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Brandy

Cow where? You- want me to get- it? Please

Barked: Mon Nov 26, '07 9:23am PST 
Should I dock Bandits tail or not?

I have had 2 ACD one had a docked tail the other one didn't.

How will not having a tail affect her?
[notify]
Boomer

Fast Women Have- Good Times!

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '07 7:56pm PST 
dont do it dont do it dont do it it is entirely unnecessary and breed standard calls for a long tail. plus you dog is a litle old for it. it is usually done at about a weekshock
[notify]
Ruger

"Where's my- frisbee?"

Barked: Mon Dec 3, '07 2:01am PST 
Two doggy and two human votes for keeping the tail here!!!! So essential for communication with other dogs and humans. We've never seen a ACD in New Zealand without a tail. I was a little stunned shock when I saw some with no tails at Dogster. Dogs need their tails. smile
[notify]

Sky

Take Me With- You!!!!!

Barked: Mon Dec 3, '07 11:15am PST 
I wouldn’t personally have her tail docked, but that’s me. I like the tail, and I think an ACD benefits more from having a tail then from having it docked. It’s very common around where I am for ACDs to be docked; actually you see more that are docked then with tails. Though recently, I’ve been seeing more tailed ACDs around. My Grandmother wanted me to have Sky’s tail docked, but I refused to have it done.
[notify]
Koby

Please don't- feed your dog- Beneful.

Barked: Wed Dec 5, '07 6:27pm PST 
Cattldogs use their tails are rudders when making sharp turns, dodging cows, and other awesome activities. I think the reason many are docked is from ignorance: being mistaken with the Aussie Shepard, which can be born with a stumpy tail.
[notify]
Boomer

Fast Women Have- Good Times!

Barked: Sun Dec 9, '07 7:54pm PST 
i was sorry to see you had the tail docked but it is your decision. did you look at the akc standard before you did it?
[notify]
Jersey

Daddys little- Princess

Barked: Sat Feb 23, '08 12:12pm PST 
My blue heeler has her tail, the only time I think they could/should be docked is when they are only a couple days old. My aussie has a docked tail, but not by me.
[notify]
Errinna

Errinna "lovable- redhead"

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '08 7:33am PST 
No! It is my understanding that ACD's use there tails for many things like running an general balance while walking, i dont think you should ever dock the tail of an ACD but it is your decision, I just wouldnt recommend it
[notify]
Ruby

Ruby-affection- nut.

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '08 2:51pm PST 
Keep the tail! That's one vote from Ruby and one from me. The tail is a beautiful thing even when things get knocked down from too much exuberant wagging. lol! Besides, won't you miss seeing the wagging when your dog is happy to see you?
[notify]
Diesel

My bark is worse- than my bite!

Barked: Sun Jun 8, '08 2:38am PST 
Please do not dock your cattle dogs tail.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2