GO!

Needing info on Cattle Dogs

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Sharna *2000- - Sep 2007*

Sharna Banana - mum's angel

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '07 4:12pm PST 
I would like to do fly ball or agility with my next dog so they would get lots of exercise.Our large is fairly large. They would get a daily off leash run. Plus loads of playing time.
[notify]
Koby

Please don't- feed your dog- Beneful.

Barked: Wed Dec 5, '07 6:31pm PST 
ACD are great, but not for everyone. These dogs need a firm, but loving hand. They will take as much as you give them. Intelligent dogs require intelligent owners, so think to yourself if you can handle the mental requirements of one of the smartest breeds of dog. Physically, you must be in good shape, or you will have a tough time keeping up. Also, prepare to have bloody ankles! These are heel nippers, and it is important to be prepared to handle and control this behavior.

That said, my favorite breed of dog.
[notify]
Liberty- (Libby)

Flyball for All

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '08 11:29am PST 
Active Companion Dog ....well could be. I have three and their personalities vary . Some can be very hard to socialize with other dogs ( so protective ) another a fabulous pack joiner. Intelligent and they love to please and given a job they will obsess. They are apprehensive but only because they are plotting to take over the world.
Of all the owners I have met; all are wildly enthusiastic about the breed. But they give a wink because as a fellow ACD crazy you know how much they get get under your skin. No couch potatoes need apply
[notify]

Hudson

he's one in a- million!!!!

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '08 6:32pm PST 
hudson is our first acd x & we love the breed!!! hudson is VERY smart & loyal. hudson does struggle with me regularly to be 2nd in command (my husband is alpha in his eyes). hudson is territorial with humans but has done great with all the other animals we've brought into the house...he even helps us train them!!! acd's definately need training ASAP & proper socialization. hudson is very suspicious of strangers & has no problem intimidating them if they're on our property however, outside of our home he could care less about them. he's all about us where ever we are & is great off leash!! hudson still needs work around strangers coming to the house & kids but that's our fault as we don't have many new people who come to our house nor do we know many kids.
p.s. hudson is shedding like crazy right now!!

Edited by author Mon Feb 18, '08 6:33pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2