GO!

When someone asks what kind of dog you have

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 4 of 8: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Austin StinkyPig

Barked: Wed Jan 26, '11 11:05pm PST 
I say he is a pit bull. We have only had him for 3 days, but we get attention whereever we go. Usually he is chilling in my arms, or camped out at my feet. People are amazed at how calm and sweet he is. Of course, they dont see what I see... but he is a good boy.
[notify]
Cisco

Barked: Fri Jan 28, '11 5:27pm PST 
They usually know by the way they cross the street and pick up their 50lbs dogs.
[notify]
♥Chyn- a♥

Black Beauty

Barked: Sun Mar 20, '11 3:55pm PST 
It's only been a week but I say pit. Most people have just said "Oh well. It's just how you raise 'em I guess". My girl is a sweetie!
[notify]

Bosco

RAWR

Barked: Mon Mar 28, '11 8:55am PST 
I like how younger generations are not fully hypnotized by the media. I was walking my pitbull mix, two maybe 10yr old girls walk out to him and before i said anything they were like, "oh is that a pitbull puppy? they are such sweet dogs" I was happy they didn't automatically run inside and tell their parents or something
[notify]
Syddalee

Some things are- just meant to- be.

Barked: Wed Mar 30, '11 9:59am PST 
I say Pit unless my landlord ask then I'll say American Bulldog
Most of the time when I asked I'll say full pit for Syddalee and Whippet/pit mix for Lucy and I either get one or two reactions...they pull away or say they are really sweet dogs and get a bad rap. I also refer to them as my pretty pits laugh out loud
[notify]
Casanova's- Bootleg- Bully

i\'m a lover not- a fighter

Barked: Sun Apr 17, '11 12:38pm PST 
i always say this is nova,yes he's a pit.would you like to meet him? he's a really good looking dog and he always catches peoples eye.people will slow down or stop to comment on him.i love to walk him in heavily populated areas,he gets alot of attention. and i'm his #1 fan.cheer
[notify]
Zero

Barked: Mon May 2, '11 4:27pm PST 
I just say that he's a pitbull. I haven't gotten any negative reactions yet... If I ever do, I'll just ignore it I suppose. He's a great dog. You can't judge a book by it's cover.
[notify]
Ace

Shaolin's Full- Metal Jacket- (Show Name)

Barked: Sat May 14, '11 12:37pm PST 
When asked that question I proudly answer "Yes, they are American Pit Bull Terriers, would you like to pet them?" I am a HUGE advocate for the breed, and I want everyone to know what they are, my dogs are very well behaved and extremely approachable. Anyone can walk up to my dogs while we are out and will be given Pit Bull kisses!
[notify]
Mr. Pibbs- *CGC*

Snuggle up!

Barked: Sat May 21, '11 5:35pm PST 
We are at PetSmart/Petco literally every weekend between classes and shopping and are constantly asked what kind of dog Mr. Pibbs is. Since we are working hard to help with breed awareness we always reply Pitbull. Typically (especially when there is a pretty woman around, he LOVES them!) he is on his best behavior. He loves all people and knows he has a gorgeous "sit" when a treat is involoved. He does have occasional dog aggression but we keep him close by at all times. A few times people have been petting him when we answer the question and you can see the fear set in and other times they are just amazed because he's such a sweet and happy fella...well, that wagging tail CAN be dangerous sometimes!wink
[notify]
Cairo

Where's the- beef!

Barked: Thu Jun 2, '11 7:19am PST 
I usually tell them it is a American Pit Bull Terrier.

I had one time that we were at farmer's market with our two dogs, and a young girl asked to pet our dog. Cairo was getting petted and was giving the little girl a "kiss" and the owner asked what kind of dog's they were. I told him American Pitbull Terrier and English Setter. He kind of had a A'ha moment, and said he is so calm & well behaved. It must be how you raise them, because i thought they would be different.(must of never met one before. He is such a nice dog! I love it when I have good experiences with people when i'm out with Cairo. Instead of them crossing the street.
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 8: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8