GO!

Toys and Treats

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Misha- (R.I.P.- 4/29/13)

Play or hide?! I- dunno... @_@

Barked: Mon Jan 31, '11 9:08pm PST 
Looking for ideas for new toys and treats to use during training. Misha really likes Yummy Chummies (they're really fishie smelling), and sometimes I also use a plush goose. But after a while, he gets noticably bored, so I'd like to add some variety.

What toys or treats will your AKK work their tails off for? big grin
[notify]
Esmerelda

They call me Lil- E....

Barked: Tue Feb 1, '11 8:23am PST 
For treats we just use crappy ones red face, E seems to work best for those laugh out loud As for toys, we have a fleece tug rope her breeder made her, we have a stuffed squeaky racoon she LOVES, & an Orbee ball. We also have a hide-a-squirrel that she loves, you put them in a tree stump & they have to figure out how to get them out then get to play with the squeaky squirrels laugh out loud
[notify]
Kiska

Barked: Tue Feb 1, '11 10:36am PST 
For treats, Kiska goes crazy for ANYTHING. She is extremely food motivated. We have a whole variety of treats - we have Wellness Pure Rewards which is easiest for training because they are easy to break up into small pieces. We also have Stella & Chewy's Carnivore Kisses, and Stella & Chewy's freeze dried raw treats. A friend gave Kiska a container of Halo Chicken treats, and my mom keeps a bag of treats that are for cats and dogs at her house (I forget the brand, but they are these really cute little "chicken nibs" and they are organic).

For toys, the breeder gave us a large stuffed hedgehog - they said it was brand new for her but that they guaranteed she would love it because all their other AKK loved it. We were really skeptical about it because it was almost too big for her, but once she settled in at our place, she started playing with it, and it is definitely her most favorite toy - she will bring it to bed with her! She also loves this squeaky ball I got at Petco. She will spend hours smushing it and biting it to get it to squeak. She also loves any kind of tennis ball...
[notify]

Esmerelda

They call me Lil- E....

Barked: Wed Feb 2, '11 9:33am PST 
Kiska, Esme has 2 stuffed hedgehogs that she absolutely LOVES as well laugh out loud
[notify]
Misha- (R.I.P.- 4/29/13)

Play or hide?! I- dunno... @_@

Barked: Thu Feb 3, '11 10:28pm PST 
Sounds like a stuffed hedgehog is definitely going on the list. XD Even when he rips all the stuffing and the squeaky part out, he still loves to carry around his "dead" plushies.

Fleece rope might be good too. I've tried getting him to play tug with me, but he doesn't like biting hard on things at all. o_o Even treats, we can't give ones that are too hard. Most of the time he just drops them and looks sad.
One time I gave him a Milk Bone type of hard treat and he ran off with it. He came back downstairs a few minutes later, and he still had half of it he was just carrying around in his mouth. XD
[notify]
Kiska

Barked: Fri Feb 4, '11 2:11pm PST 
Awww, that is too cute, I can totally imagine Misha running around with the Milk Bone in his mouth! Once when I was walking Kiska, some kid threw a snowball in our direction, and she immediately ran and grabbed it. I thought she dropped it right away and had just been distracted for that second, but 2 blocks later, she was still holding the snowball....!
Kiska has suddenly taken to her rubber squeaky ball. I got it really cheap at Petco, and she'll now spend up to 30 minutes just pressing on it with her paws to make it squeak. It's really annoying when we're trying to watch TV and then she decides to make her ball squeak...
I just bought her a new ball today that she can really chew on, because she has a lot of tennis balls but my husband doesn't like that she chews on them. THis one is a pretty pale pink and it's one of those knotted balls made of rope/fabric. She loves it and was playing with it just now but I just noticed that there was blood all over it...I guess she lost a tooth?
[notify]
Sizzle

Hiii...Squirrel.- ..my name is- Sizzle

Barked: Fri Feb 4, '11 8:23pm PST 
Possibly Kiska! Esme LOVES to squeak stuff, she has squeaky toys & will just sit & squeak & squeak them laugh out loud
Something to watch out for guys, Sizzle has 2 canines on each side because she still has her puppy canines, Sherry(E & Sizzle's breeder) said that usually she can just push on them a little and they will come out but Sizzle's are in there tight so when I have her spayed I am going to have them take them out.
[notify]
Lilith

I'm a trilingual- dog!

Barked: Wed Feb 9, '11 4:58pm PST 
For treats we like to use Ziwipeak and Zukes!
[notify]
Ferris

Barked: Thu May 19, '11 12:43pm PST 
We bought Ferris a stuffed skunk that has a slit in the bottom so you can place a used water bottle within it. He goes CRAZZZY FOR IT. He loves the crunch sound it makes, plus it has two different squeekers. We found it at 3 dog bakery.
[notify]