GO!

akita or shiba

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Sun Oct 2, '11 7:01am PST 
okay so this is my first post on this forums smile i know i shouldn't be introducing myself here but briefly my name is abdallah and im from Dubai.

the reason im starting this thread is because i have asked a person here that imports dogs from holland to get me an akita, well to be specific a japanese akita . but my only concern is that im not really sure if the person getting the dog knows the difference between an akita and a shiba so i have asked for a picture of the puppy. so if i post the picture here can anyone tell the difference, i mean i know the main physical difference between them is the size but are there other features that i can judge by

thanks
[notify]
Lobo

"Stubborn" dogs- don't need- corrections

Barked: Wed Oct 12, '11 2:13pm PST 
Actually, if you're planning to get an Akita Inu (Japanese Akita) then I would suggest finding a breeder in your area. The reason being, Akitas are already a strong-willed, independent breed. If you don't know their background, you could end up with a poorly-bred mess on your hands. If you're already doubting this person, then maybe you shouldn't purchase from them.

You can show us a picture if you want, though.
[notify]

Barked: Sat Oct 13, '12 11:03pm PST 
if u want an akita inu which is the name of the breed u are referring too. u first need to do your home work and study this breed. they are a complex dog not for beginners next you need to contact a breeder so u know what ur getting.
[notify]