Close X


A New Beginning

(Page 14 of 33: Viewing Diary Entry 131 to 140)  
[First 10 Diary Entries] Page Links:  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  [Last 10 Diary Entries]  

Feeling Better Today

August 26th 2012 4:17 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

I am much better today. Mom gave me my medicine and it helped my tummy feel better. I was able to eat some breakfast. Mom didn't give me my usual amount, only about half. It was just right. I also had a yoghund treat which is frozen yogurt made for dogs. It has the good kind of bacteria in it. I was able to go for a nice little walk this evening. Not too far but it was just right. I am glad to be feeling more like myself. Mom and dad rented a fancy vacuum cleaner for the day. They cleaned the upstairs hallway where I was sick. It looks really good now and the stains are all gone. It smells a lot better too!


Sick In The Tummy

August 25th 2012 12:16 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

I started to feel real bad on Friday morning. I knew mom and dad were sleeping but I couldn't hold it much longer. I started to cry and cry hoping they would hear me. Mom got up. She was half asleep but she took me out. I ran to where the enchanted forest used to be. It is now a big field where they cut all the trees down. I walked real fast trying frantically to find the right spot. Mom was glad I went in the field because she couldn't have picked it up anyway. I felt a lot better and we went back to the house. Mom gave me breakfast thinking it was just a one time thing and I did eat it all. About 2 hours later I had to go again....and again...and again. I went about 9 times in one day. Mom didn't give me any dinner and I didn't want any anyways. Last night I started to vomit. It was just bile because I hadn't eaten anything. I also started to pant because my tummy hurt. I was drinking water and mom checked me for dehydration. I was OK. I made it through the night OK but this morning I threw up again. I was still panting. Mom checked to see when the vet opened and they opened at 8AM. Mom called right away and got me an emergency appointment. She got daddy out of bed and we went to the vet. I had to have an x-ray done to make sure nothing was blocking my intestines. The x-rays came back OK. I had to get fluid under my skin because by now I was dehydrated. I got all this medication that I have to take. I also got a shot to settle my stomach. When I got home I fell asleep. Mom says that is the best thing for me to do. I can try to have dinner tonight if I feel up to it. We shall see. I'm not panting anymore but I am still tired. Please say a prayer for me and think good thoughts.


So Much To Tell!

August 14th 2012 12:35 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Mom is behind on my diary again. This time she has a very good reason which I will explain once I catch you up on everything.

A week ago Saturday I went to a Meet and Greet. It was at Especially For Pets in Sudbury. I hadn't been on a Meet and Greet for awhile so it was fun. Mom, dad and I were all alone for the first half. I met a new greyhound friend named Jaguar. He was an older boy but very handsome and in good shape. We hit it off. Later Troy and his mom joined us. It was good seeing Troy. He is such a good friend.

This past Saturday we all went to visit Grampy in NH. It was Old Home Weekend in Grampy's town. We were also there to celebrate Grampy's birthday too. Before going to Grampy's we stopped at the pet store where mom used to work. She didn't see anyone there she knew but that was OK. I got a huge cookie on a rawhide stick. Mom and dad also stopped for lunch at a new cafe in a town called Exeter, NH. It is not far from where Grampy lives. The Cafe is called The Good Karma Cafe. They had outdoor seating so I could join mom and dad for lunch. It was a nice day but not too hot. The patio area was very nice. The waitress brought me a huge bowl of water and mom gave me my cookie. I didn't eat it though. It was a new place and I didn't feel comfortable eating. I did make friends with the people at the next table though. I kept asking for petting and scratches. Mom said I was being a pest but they didn't seem to mind. Grampy was happy to see us. I got to run in his yard. I also ate my cookie on Grampy's rug and made a mess. Daddy had to vacuum it. Mom and dad didn't take me to the festivities in town this year. First it was very hot out by this time and second, I was very stressed last year. Instead I stayed and kept Grampy company. Mom and dad weren't gone long. Later the humans went out to dinner. I had to stay home this time. That was OK. I had a nice visit

Sunday was a strange day. We left a little before 10:00AM and daddy drove us around in the car. We didn't actually go anywhere much. We did go to a store and daddy ran in to get food and we did make it to the pet store. After that daddy kept driving by our house but we couldn't go inside. There were a lot of cars parked in our driveway. I didn't understand why we kept driving by. Finally we went to another farm stand and daddy got corn. Even after that we couldn't go home yet. Finally we did. We drove around for two hours! I knew some people had been to our house because I could smell them. I didn't know them. Mom and dad left my harness on me and took a quick shower. Then we were back in the car again! This time we went to Greyhound Friends! They were having a party for all the volunteers. I made myself right at home on the dog beds and made my rounds saying "Hello" to everyone. I knew most of the humans there. My friend Fast was there too. It was good to see him again. Later that night Daddy got a phone call. The people who had been in the house made an offer to buy it! The offer was too low so mom and dad did something called a counter offer. Anyway, today I learned that our house has been sold! We are under contract now and the closing will be in September. Mom is very excited. That is why she is behind on my diary. When we move to the new house I will have a huge fenced in back yard that I will be able to run in anytime I want! I am excited too!!!!


Dog Park!

August 2nd 2012 3:22 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Thank you all for the cakes. It isn't my birthday but I sure do love cake!

Daddy had a vacation day from work yesterday. It was nice out so mom and dad took me to the dog park in Wayland, MA. It is about a 20 minute drive from our house. I have been there a few times before. Mom and dad let be off leash the whole time. I was very good and stayed close to mom and dad. If I got too far ahead, mom would call me and I came right away. I met a whole group of nice dogs. I even got to go in a pond to get a drink and cool my paws. I was glad that most of the walk was in the woods. It was cooler. The large open fields where I usually run was too over grown with grass and bushes. I still got plenty of good exercise. When we got back to the car I started to walk into someone yard. Mom and dad called to me and I realized it was time to leave. I jumped right into the car. On the way home we stopped at a farm stand to get corn. I was a happy tired dog!

Daddy had today off work too. Mom just had to teach an exercise class. It is very hot outside today so I couldn't go on a long walk. Mom says it will get cooler soon. Mom and dad spent the day painting and working around the house. Mom and dad have been doing a lot of that lately. Also a lot of strange people have been coming over. I know because I can smell them. Mom says not to get my hopes up, but we may be moving to a new house. We are trying to sell ours. The new house will have a big back yard for me to run and play when ever I want. I am keeping my paws crossed.

I was the daily smiler today on They said it was supposed to be yesterday, but I am featured today.


I'm The Daily Smiler!

July 30th 2012 10:53 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

I hope all my pals have been having a safe summer. Things have been quiet for me lately. Mom and dad went on vacation a few weeks ago. Sarah our pet sitter stayed with us at my house while mom and dad were away. I like Sarah a lot and she takes good care of me. I still really missed mom and dad though. I ma glad they are back home.

It has been a hot summer so we can't go for long walks. The pavement gets too hot for my feet and I get over heated easily. I did go to the Farmer's Market on Saturday. There were a lot of dogs there. I got to meet them all. After the market I ended up at the groomers to get my nails trimmed. Nothing exciting. Some times when I walk with daddy late at night we see a skunk or two. I still want to chase them but daddy won't let me.

Daddy found a nice house for sale in our town. It has a huge back yard that I could really run in. Mom and dad even made an offer on it and put our house up for sale. Mom was excited but now it looks like we might not buy it. The house itself is perfect. Mom says it is her dream home. The basement, however, is a nightmare! The house has 5 sump pumps to keep the water out. Problem is the basement is STILL wet and now there is mold growing. Mom and dad are now talking with the seller to see if it can be fixed. If not, we won't be able to buy the house. Mom is kind of sad but she said mold can make us sick. I don't want to get sick.

A few weeks ago mom sent my picture in to a web site called The Bark. They post pictures of dogs smiling. Mom got an E-mail saying that I made this weeks smile list! On Wednesday I will be the daily smiler! What an honor. Here is a link you can copy and paste to see me:

That's all the news for now. I will write again soon.


4th Of July Picnic

July 4th 2012 3:50 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

I hope all my pup pals are having a fun, safe 4th Of July today. Please tell your humans to keep you in the house during the fireworks tonight. Loud noises can scare us!

Mom, dad and I went to a picnic today! We left a little late and ended up running into 2 detours. Mom thought they were because of parades. We were only 30 minutes late however and things were just getting started. We didn't miss much. Daddy set up my exercise pen and mom filled my water bowl. Dad got the chairs from the car and then mom and dad went to get food. Mom brought me two cookies so I would have a treat too. Mom and dad's friend, Marie, came. She brought her Spanish greyhound (galgo)to the picnic too. His name was Rico. The yard was pretty big and most of the dogs were off leash so mom let me run and play with him and the other dogs for a bit. Then she put me back in the pen. Marie didn't want to walk around with Rico so mom told her that he could stay in the pen with me. I was OK with that and everything was fine for a while. Rico had never been in a pen before and he started to get upset. I was laying down on the ground eating my last cookie. Rico started to paw at the pen. Then another black dog came over. Rico went into a play bow and started bouncing around. He clearly did not know how to behave. I got nervous with all the energy and I corrected Rico. The humans thought we were fighting but no harm was intended. It was all display as I demanded respect and peace in my pen. Marie removed Rico and everything was OK after that. A while later mom let me out of the pen and let me go off leash. I always stay close to mom and dad and I had already had a good run. I walked around a bit and laid on the cool ground by my humans. Mom and dad took me for a walk and then let me go off leash in the yard again. I saw Rico a few times and we were very friendly with each other. I do like him. Mom explained he had never been in a pen before. All my other greyhound friends know how to behave. He is from Spain so maybe he just didn't understand.
It was a fun day. Glad to be back in my bed though. Happy 4th Of July everyone!


I got Blessed!!

June 24th 2012 2:51 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Mom found an article in our local paper that said there would be a pet blessing today at a local church. Mom and dad have never been to this church before but the article said it was open to everyone. We got into the car and daddy drove us there. There were all kinds of animals being blessed. Mostly dogs but I was surprised to see how many cats came. Mom and dad wanted to bring Ben and Charlie but they would have been too frightened. Some of the cats were on harnesses and walked around like a dog. I got to meet a couple of them and we touched noses. There were also a pair of chickens that came and some parrots. The service was very nice. The minister played guitar and people sang songs. It was outside in the hot sun and I started to get too hot. Daddy took me into the shade so I could stay cool. We were still close enough to hear the service. After the main service was over we all got in line to be individually blessed. Mom recorded my blessing on her camera so you can find it in my video library. Especially For Pets was there giving out treats so mom got me some. The offering for the blessing went to two different organizations. One of them was Heifer international. Mom and dad didn't want to donate to them because they send cows and other animals to people in 3rd world countries. Mom explained to me that it seems like a good idea on the surface but if you know anything about raising animals for meat or food you quickly realize that this does more harm to the people and the animals than it does good. I myself was exploited by the racing industry so I personally know how it feels. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. The other organization was Buddy Dog Humane Society so mom and dad donated to them only. I got a red ribbon on my collar after I was blessed. Mom said she will hang it in my window.


2012 Bark In The Park

June 17th 2012 2:44 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

On Friday mom dressed me up in my new costume. It is all ready except for the wings. Mom says I can't tell yet what this costume will be. It is a secrete for now. Daddy took pictures. I will be in two contests in September. Mom wants to try it out and see what the reaction will be. The ultimate goal is to win Gettysburg best in show next year. This year I won funniest but not best in show.

It was a fun weekend! On Saturday we took a ride to NH to visit with Grampy. We went to celebrate Father's day a day early. When Mom had signed us up to do the Bark In The Park walk, she didn't realize that the walk was on Father's Day. We didn't want Grampy to miss his special day, so we went early. We spent the whole afternoon visiting. Mom brought me 3 cookies and I ate all of them on Grampy's rug! It was OK because daddy vacuumed up all the crumbs I left. Mom and dad took Grampy out to dinner. Once again I had to stay home. I don't know why dogs can't go to restaurants. When they got back, mom and dad took me for a nice walk. We went to see the chickens again. They didn't come to the fence this time. I think they might have been scared of me. Mom went up into Grampy's attic. She wanted to see if her old angel wings were still there. She wanted to maybe use them in my latest costume (I'm not going to be an angel). They were there but they were too old. The feathers were all falling off! We took them home but daddy wants to throw them away. Mom agrees. They are falling apart.

Today was the Bark In The Park dog walk for Baypath Humane Society. Mom worked really hard to fund raise a lot of money. Daddy was at work and someone said the company wanted to sponsor mom. The company gave her $500 for Baypath Humane Society!!! Mom was SO happy. That put her in the second position for the most money raised by an individual. Mom got $975 for the shelter! The top person raised $1,375. The event was held at a beautiful state park not far from Greyhound Friends. We got there a little early and walked around a bit. They had some booths and vendors. Mom went to register and gave a lady her registration she had printed from the computer. The woman got all excited and said mom was the top fund raiser! Mom explained she was in second place but the woman told mom that the person in first place worked for the shelter so she didn't count! She told mom she was getting a prize! Wow!!! We looked at all the booths and then the walk began. It was a nice day in the lower 70's. It was a perfect day for a walk. I made some friends along the way. The walk went by a lake so I got to take a dip and get a drink. We walked for about a mile or so. When we got back to the event we watched a few dog agility demonstrations. Then they had a contest. daddy took me into the human/dog look alike contest! We won!! We didn't get anything though. It was just in fun. I was getting hot so daddy found me a cool water fountain. It was like humans drink from but it was especially made for dogs! It had running water and everything. The best part was it was nice and cold. I took several drinks. Finally they announced mom's name. I went up with her. Mom got a gift certificate for a 14 pound bag of dog food. They also announced the top team. Everyone clapped for us. After one of the shelter's board members came up to thank us. It was a fun day. I'm tired now. I think I will take a nap!


Walk With Willie

June 7th 2012 9:13 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Mom changed my profile picture! Take a look! It was taken at Greyhounds in Gettysburg during the speed run. They had a radar gun on me to clock my speed. It was all for fun. I was so happy that I was literally flying! Mom loves the pure expression of joy on my face.

Yesterday I went for a walk with my friend, Willie. Mom's friend, Jen is Willie's mom. They will be moving to a new house soon. They won't be very far away though. Only as far as my Vet. We had a nice walk around the neighborhood. Mom didn't want to go down the river trail because there are too many bugs out right now. When we got back from our walk, both Willie and I got a cookie. Then Jen put my new costume on me for a final fitting. It looks really nice and it is comfortable to wear. Mom says there is a dog event in September that will have a costume contest. I guess we are going. Mom said that Shorty Rossi from Pit Boss and Hercules will be there. Mom wants to meet them. I wouldn't mind meeting Hercules myself! I like those pit bull boys!!

Mom and I are doing a walk next Sunday to help shelter dogs. It is a shelter called Baypath Humane Society in Hopkington, MA. It is a no kill shelter. Here is a link if any of my pup pals would like to sponsor us in the walk: =2022&PID=280686&Preview=Y
You can just copy and paste this into your browser. I will write up a full report on the walk after we walk it. Later!


Memorial Day Hike and Picnic

May 28th 2012 11:33 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

I got to join mom and dad's Meetup group for a hike and picnic today. Mom and dad didn't have to work today because it is Memorial Day. Mom says it is a special day to remember the soldiers who were in all the wars. Personally I don't understand anything about war. It is a human thing. I get along with everyone! Mom says she doesn't understand it either. We drove to Minute Man Park which is about 20 minutes from our house. I have been there before so I knew where I was. Most everyone else was late arriving so we had to wait for a bit. Mom sprayed us all down with bug spray. It is a natural bug spray that both dogs and humans can use. It was a beautiful day with lots of sunshine. Once everyone arrived we started our walk. Actually one human got lost and started walking from a different parking lot! We never did find her. There were lots of people walking, jogging and riding their bicycles. There were some other dogs too. I liked that. Mom brought my special water bottle. It opens up into a bowl. I was glad because it was hot outside. Mom gave me frequent water stops and anything I didn't drink she poured on my back to help keep me cooler. We walked about an hour and a half. It was nicest in the shade!

After the hike we drove down the road to the park's visitor center. One of mom and dad's friends named Karen rode with me in the back seat. She had ridden her bike to the park. There was plenty of room for both of us though. At the visitor's center they had picnic tables and a bathroom for the humans. Daddy found a perfect picnic table in the shade. Mom's friend, Victoria had mats so we covered the table with the mat and made a table cloth. They had a band playing music. We got to relax under the trees, eat and listen to music. Mom brought cookies for me to eat. I tried to dig in the dirt but mom and dad told me not too. I had a fun time, but I am really tired now, so I think I will end my diary and take a nap. I hope everyone has a fun and safe Memorial Day!

  Sort By Oldest First



Family Pets



(What does RSS do?)