March 9th 2013 7:31 am
[ View A Comments (8) ]
Normally this pup keeps his nose out of the human political stuff that is happening in our country but for some unknown reason I feel the need to vent a little here: The following are my suggestions to President…
1) Get rid of the cooks, servers and other kitchen help. Michelle, Barack, Sasha and Malia can take over those duties. Imagine how special any visitors or foreign leaders would feel having a meal prepared and served by the President and his family.
2) Many Americans have been forced to move into smaller homes due to the continuing recession so why shouldn’t the President and his family do the same. Yes, this dog is suggesting that the White House is WAY too big for four humans and one large dog. I suggest they check the listing on CHEAPHOMESLISTING.COM in the Washington D.C. and surrounding areas to find a place that wouldn’t take so much money to operate. In tough time we have all had to make some sacrifices and it is about time the President makes some that would actually affect him and not everyone else.
3) Good Bye Secret Service personnel. All Secret Service members who are currently assigned to sitting around the White House “guarding” the President and his family can be reassigned elsewhere. Give the President another shotgun and he can take care of his family on his own. Of course I would expect him to register the weapon and become a proud member of the National Rifle Association.
4) It’s time for a BIG yard sale. The White house has a wonderful front lawn in which furniture and other household items from the White House can be put on display for sale. I imagine there would be quite a turn out to see and purchase some of the wares. Heck, I might even turn up there to see if BO has any stuffies that he is selling.
5) And talking about stuffies: Why not make mass produce some in the liking of the current Presidential members and market them? I would certainly be the first in line to get my very own Barack Obama stuffie that I could proudly play with.
6) I wonder how much one could get for a Presidential limo and air craft. Surely they are worth something. Just the fact that they were once used by the President and his family would up the value of them.
7) No more “Vacations” or foreign travels since there aren’t monies available. Many Americans have had to eliminate such extras so I would expect the leader of our country to do the same. If there is a crisis in a foreign country let their leaders come to us on THEIR dime. Everyone could meet up at the local Denny’s to discuss any issues.
8) Do we really need a presidential photographer? Since Michelle or the Vice President is usually around why not give them a camera and let them take pictures? Who knows, it might lead to a second career once they are back into the private sector.
9) In tough economic times maybe Mr. President can find a second job to help align his coffers. I hear Home Depot is hiring as is McDonalds’. It would do him some good to get out and meet some of the people who barely make a living that he is suggesting additional taxes on.
10) And finally how about charging him and his family for all health related issues. There would be no more free health services and we would expect him to provide insurance for him and his family just like he is requiring of us.
Okay pals please do not send me any hate mail as this was written just for fun – okay. However if you are compelled to complain my new address is 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. NW. Washington, DC 20500 – BOL, BOL
Clappin' out LOUD!!!!!!!!!!! We think there are lots of things that should fall by the wayside...All the way through the entire government...... They all should have to buy their health care.Take pay cuts,no secret service once out of office.
Cut their lifetime retirement to something that is reasonable.
No wonder we are BROKE...combined duties and Get rid of all the excess FAT in the government employees ...just my opinion but I'm stickin' to it! Great thoughts Puffy! hugs,mazy
Maybe you should send this along!
Hope your weekend is good!
I think Congress, Supreme Court and all the Secret Service guys and anyone else that is 'trying' to run our country and make decisions for US should ALL try to live on minimum wage and deal with .5% cost of living increases. They couldn't do it and neither can we!
(Mom worked for the federal government for 27 years before retiring and the retirment plan isn't as wonderful as everyone thinks it is.)
BRAVO , BRAVO , BRAVO .. WE COULDN'T AGREE MORE !!! WTG PUFF AND COCO AND MOMMY !! WE CAN'T PAWLIEVE WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO OUR COUNTRY ... LET THE PRESIDENT AND CONGRESS LIVE ON WHAT THE AVERAGE FAMILY LIVES ON .. AND LET THEM PAY FOR THEIR MEDICAL INSURANCE.. OH WE COULD GO ON AND ON .. GRRRRRRRR !! LETS ALL MEET AT DENNYS ! .. BRAVO !!!!
SO on your bandwagon, Puffy!! Anyway, mommy and daddy are. I don't pay much attention to this kind of stuff. But mommy says Bravo!!! And, she says the White House is supposed to be the People's House, and where does the current resident get off, telling the People they can't come in fur a visit???! THIS is how he's gonna help cut expenses and save the country? SERIOUSLY??
Way to go, Puffy... seems dose Congresspeoples and Presidents and what-nots always exempt themselves from da rules dat apply to da rest of us!!
Did you know dat dey are not subject to insider trading rules? Dat's how dey go to Washington not rich and leave millionaires!!!!!
You sure got that all right Puffy!!! We can add the Senate and the House to the list!