November 20th 2008 6:57 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]
10. We cannot clash with your furniture or clothing (and some of you actually worry about that).
9. We cannot clash with any collar you might choose either! Ditto for the bandanas; accessorize us!
8. Ease of vacuuming! You can quickly spot the areas of most urgent need.
7. We hide the dirt well (doesn't mean we don't need that bath after a messy play but your guests won't be able to see it so quickly).
6. We make an excellent "backdrop" for a second, lighter colored dog (if you choose to have one).
5. Availability!! We are available now at every shelter or rescue you can imagine, in every age bracket with no long waiting lists or difficult search.
4. No annoying queries of "exactly what kind of dog is that anyhow?" People are content with "big black dog" and don't ask anymore questions.
3. EXCELLENT night walk protection. The "bad guy" won't see us until it's too late!
2. Status symbol potential. Black pearls are the most costly you know.....
and the number 1 reason to adopt a Black Dog
1. WE NEED YOU!
Thanks to Midwest Lab Rescue for this top ten list, which appeared in their Winter08 Newsletter as a side-bar to the story "Black Listed--the truth about BBD-Big Black Dogs (otherwise known as Black Dog Syndrome)" www.midwestlabrescue.org
Leave A Comment | 1 person already has
Mommy says I give great hugs, and like real black pearls we black dogs are beautiful.