Close X


Diesel has gone to the Rainbow Bridge

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing Diary Entry 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

2013 - Another Year without Diesel :(

February 15th 2013 7:39 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

I missed posting about the 2nd anniversary of Diesel's passing, but we certainly didn't forget. It's still a sad day. We still miss our sweet boy. We love you Diesel!


1 Year Anniversary

August 27th 2011 8:02 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

Today is Saturday, August 27, 2011.... our dear Diesel has been gone a year today. We still miss him and think of him very often. WE LOVE YOU DIESEL!


We still miss you Diesel!

July 22nd 2011 7:56 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

July 22, 2011
We still think of you often, but the pain is not as bad. We try to just remember the good times now. It would be so much worse if you hadn't sent your nephew to be with us and cheer us up. Thank you for all your love! WE LOVE YOU!


Diesel's 5th Birthday!

November 30th 2010 4:53 am
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

Diesel would have turned 5 years old this month!! Happy Birthday!! We still miss you!! But thank you for sending your nephew to keep us company and cheer us up! We love you!


Missing Diesel!

September 8th 2010 10:03 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

So many Dogster friends have offered their support and condolences, given rosettes and stars, and we really appreciate it. THANK YOU to all of you!

It's sooo hard! We miss Diesel so very much! I haven't really even been on Dogster since I posted initially about his passing. The house was so empty that we had to get out of town for a few days. But we're back now and it's definitely hitting us (again!). I've been trying to stay out of the house and very busy because it's hardest in the house where Diesel was always with me. I don't think my neighbors have ever even seen me outside without Diesel. I'm sure they'll realize as soon as they see me alone .... ugh!

We had Diesel cremated and I was able to pick up his cremains yesterday. That was tough, but I feel like he's at least back in the house. Strange, I know....

There are so many firsts now ... terrible firsts! Coming home and not being greeted by my boy; sleeping without him beside me; not taking him out to the bathroom; taking a walk without him; waking up in the middle of the night and not having my sweet Diesel to get up with me. It's awful!

I guess it will get easier eventually .............


Diesel Passed On 8/27/2010

August 28th 2010 5:24 am
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]

My dear sweet boy is gone. He had a very good night on Monday (8/23). That day he had seemed lethargic, but that night he bounced back. He played, played, played - ball, man, tug of war, wrestled. He had a very good night. Tuesday was his chemo day and they said everything checked out... but he just didn't seem to feel well. He had a reaction to an anti-nausea med we gave him. So we and the doctors thought that might be it. They said he shouldn't be experiencing any side effects from the chemo yet. So we gave time for the drug to wear off and he still wasn't better. We took him to the emergency vet Thursday ... they said he was slightly dehydrated and anemic, but he was able to come home with us. They recommended we see the oncologist Friday. We did go in and after an ultrasound they determined that the chemo was not working. It was time before he was in pain and suffering .....

The clinic has beautiful grounds ... lots of trees, ferns, a stream. We walked around there with Diesel for a while and then found a spot. They brought blankets out for us to sit on with him and they administered the drug there. We held our boy and said goodbye. He had a very peaceful passing. It was a somewhat overcast day, but moments before he passed, the sun came out and he was able to bask in its rays.

Since we've been going to this clinic since March, a lot of people got to know Diesel. A number of them gave him love before we left. Several people were crying ... that just shows how very sweet and special Diesel was. He loved people so very much! I'm happy that he got to experience all this love before he passed....

The house is so very empty. Now that he's gone, we realize it's not our house, it was his house and we were just living in it. His stuff is in every room of the house. Every where I look there is a memory ...

We know this was the right thing to do, but it is so very hard.



Still Not Feeling Too Good

August 7th 2010 1:53 am
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

Well, it's been 3 days and I'm not really feeling much better. I have eaten a little [but then it seems to come back up eventually :( ] I've played with Dad a few times too and today I actually wanted to go walk up the street. We walked about two houses down and then I trotted back down the driveway. That made Mom happy!

But I just don't really seem improved - not worse, but not better. Mom called the doctor and had to leave a message. A tech called back and told her that IF the elspar was going to work, it would work in 1-3 days. So I guess that means it's not going to work. :(

So Mom and Dad were talking together and Mom was crying. They hate seeing me feel yucky! They don't know if I'm in pain or if I'm gonna get better or what's going on. So this time DAD called the doctor. We wanted answers! He had to leave a message too, but this time the doctor called him back. Yay! The doctor said we need to wait to see if the new chemo treatment works. It would be 7-10 days to see if it works. (Not another 7-10 days, but from Tuesday when I had the treatment.) So they were glad that they didn't have to make any other decisions right now. They're gonna wait until that time period is up and then I'll head back to the doctor for a full blood work-up. Hopefully I'll be feeling better and the treatment works.

Fingers, toes and paws crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Diesel has relapsed....

August 3rd 2010 6:16 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]

After just too long of not feeling well, Mom and Dad took me to the vet last night. (The Specialty Hospital I go to for my chemo is also an Emergency Clinic. They have all my records too.) My blood work was worse than when I went for chemo on 7/23. :( I was also slightly anemic and the vet could feel that my spleen was kinda enlarged. She decided to keep me overnight and give me an IV w/fluids (I was a little dehydrated) and medicine. She said that it could just be an infection. They would run some other labs and then the oncologist would check on me in the morning.

It was a hard nite for my folks. It was the first time I'd ever been away from home. I had a quiet nite at the vet (that's what they told Mom).

The oncologist called Mom first thing in the morning and told her I was doing okay. I even wagged my tail at him! They decided to do an ultrasound. They called Mom back later with sad news. They found that my spleen and liver were enlarged, so they did an aspirate and determined that I had relapsed. :( I only had 3 more treatments left on my Protocol too!

The vet said that they could start me on a new protocol - CCNU (Lomustine). It's pills (yay! they're easier!) and also prednisone. He said they could also give me some elspar today to make me feel better quicker (in 1 - 3 days). Since Mom and Dad want me to feel better, they said do it!! (They did the CCNU and the elspar.) I got to go home an hour later! When

I just laid around for a while, but I did eat a little bit of dinner. (And don't think I didn't see Mom sneak that Prednisone pill in my food!) I played ball with Dad for a few minutes too. I wanted to play, but I didn't have much juice in me. We just played for a few minutes. (Not much running, more like a walk after the ball, but my tail was wagging and it made me happy!)

Mom and Dad are gonna see how I feel after a couple of days (hopefully I feel better after 1 day rather than the 3 days of the 1-3 the doc said). They just want me to feel better! (Me too!) They'll see how this chemo treatment affects me and decide whether or not to continue based on that. I'm sure hoping it doesn't make me sick! Paws, fingers and toes are crossed!!


July 23 - Not feeling well

July 23rd 2010 6:46 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]

I had another chemo treatment today and I'm not feeling too well. I haven't eaten and I'm just moping around. Of course, when I went to the vet I was happy to see everyone and energetic and they thought Momma was crazy when she said I'd been lethargic!

My best buddy wasn't there today though! She gives me the most loven. I still got a lot, but I missed her. There was a woman there with her cat. She was from the U.K. so she actually knew what breed I was! Wow! There was a really big dog there that was barking at all the other dogs. I just walked right by him and didn't even look at him. (I could tell Mom was proud!)

Mom is worried about me, but the vet said my bloodwork was normal, so they still did the chemo. I've heard of other dogs having to skip chemo if their white blood count is too low. That hasn't happened to me yet, so I guess I'm okay. I only have 3 more treatments, so I'll be finished September 3rd.

Mom told me we're having company tomorrow. Yay!! I love people visiting. This is my human cousin :)

That's all for now... it's time for bed!

* D *



June 25th 2010 3:23 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

So, today Mom takes me for my chemo treatment. I got to see everyone and gots lots of luvens! (Although one dog kept staring at me and I had to bark at him!) We leave and as we're about a mile away at a stop light, Mom starts loving on me and I'm smiling away ... and she notices my gums are REALLY red and I'm BLEEDING all in my mouth. She kinda freaked. We turned around and she took me right back in. The receptionist called to the back and they told her it was probably the treats they gave me, but they'd be out to check on me. TREATS? So Mom looks in my mouth, sticks her fingers in there, and figures out the red does wipe off. LOL!! The tech comes out and double-checks just to be sure. What the heck kind of treats are RED? It scared Mom to death! She finally figured out another reason I like to go to the vet - treats!!!

Oh, one of my favorite techs took a picture of me with her cell phone. She loves me and wanted a picture. She showed Mom.... you could even see that my tail was wagging in the picture. That made Mom feel good that I wasn't being mistreated back there. She always says you never know what really goes on in the back. Guess it's not too bad!

  Sort By Oldest First



Family Pets

Rusty *R I P


(What does RSS do?)