Picture of Milla, a female Dalmatian

Photo Comments (1)

Home:San Diego  [I have a diary!]  
Age: 9 Years   Sex: Female   Weight: 11-25 lbs

My Videos [See My Video Book]

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments (1)

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments (1)

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a bone for Milla

Demon Spice, Bratty Spice, Nugget, Milla Monster, Millipede, Itty Bitty, Fetus Puppy, Panda Eyes, and many more

Doggie Dynamics:
not playfulvery playful

Sun Sign:
Quick Bio:

September 15th 2007

Milla likes to eat everything whether it's edible or not

She hates it when we stop her from eating things she shouldn't be

Favorite Toy:
The paws of the other dogs

Favorite Food:
She eats lamb and rice large breed puppy science diet

Favorite Walk:
Around the shopping center where we work

Best Tricks:
She can already walk on the treadmill and sit

Arrival Story:
Tristan and I had flown out to Maryland where Tristan's parent's live to go to the Foxhound Nationals in Virginia cuz Tristan has a foxhound. Points are impossible to get on him out here in San Diego because there are just no other foxhounds to compete against. On the last day of the shows one of the foxhound handlers was commenting on how good Bridgette was (cuz I brought her with me, can't be without my service dog). She told me about a dalmatian litter that was reasonably priced and has really good lines. I knew I shouldn't get a dog. But I wanted one so badly and had been thinking a lot about getting another dalmatian at some point. Tristan said that I was going to get one even if I said we shouldn't do it. I kept in touch with different people about the litter until I finally was connected with the actual breeder of the litter. She's a really nice woman and I could tell she obviously cares a lot about her dogs. I was deciding between two of the bitches and when I had basically decided on the one named Pepper the breeder told me that someone else had already claimed her. Then she told me that there were other people interested in the other puppy I wanted. I was freaking out from the time these puppies were three weeks old when I first heard about them to the time when Milla arrived in San Diego that I wasn't going to get one of these puppies. It seemed like everything was going wrong. I had ordered a crate to the breeder (who lives in GA) and then found out after paying the extra twenty bucks to have it get there in three days that she was actually leaving earlier than the package was supposed to get there to go up to Atlanta where Milla would be flying out. It ended up working out and she was nice enough to go meet the UPS driver to get the crate. When we went to the airport to pick her up I could see her through the window of the door into the cargo area and say her little spotted face. They brought her out and I looked into the crate and she looked back at me with her heart shaped panda eyes and I instantly fell in love.

FB.init("b1e68dcacbdcdaaa4d0516971 07e09df");Milla on Facebook

Forums Motto:
If it fits in my mouth, I should eat it

I've Been On Dogster Since:
November 14th 2007 More than 9 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Dogster Id:

Meet my family

Meet my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals

The Thoughts of Milla

A Note From Mom

September 10th 2009 6:26 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

On December 19, 2006 I was sent from my doctor straight to the hospital for being extremely anemic. Several months prior to my admission I had been experiencing extreme joint pain and my muscles felt like they were on fire. I was only 21 years old and I could not get out of bed, tie my shoes, brush my hair, walk, or even go to the bathroom without the help of my loving and committed spouse. Doctors could not figure out what was wrong with me. I had been coughing up blood for at least a month and my doctor said it was due to chronic bronchitis. The only reason I was hospitalized at all was because I was nearly dead from lack of blood.

During a horrible eight day stay over Christmas filled with needles, operations, medications, tests, and a lot of tears the doctors found out I had nodules in my lungs. My whole family came and stayed with me every day and my spouse Tristan stayed every minute even sleeping on a cot next to my bed. We didn't know if I had cancer, and if it was so bad that an x-ray could show the nodules if I would even survive. I was put on very high doses of steroids and had to undergo a lung needle biopsy. They ruled out cancer and the steroids seemed to be diminishing the nodules. I was released from the hospital without a diagnosis.

I was later told after results from tests they had done came back that I had this extremely rare auto-immune disease called Wegener's Granulomatosis. It is basically where your body attacks itself thinking that it is attacking cells that shouldn't be there, and often results in kidney failure. My father's research online indicated that I probably would not live longer than five years. Hearing your parent tell you something like that is indescribable. I was only 21 years old.

I went through chemotherapy and was taking over twenty pills a day. Life was hell. I was in pain, I was having adverse reactions to my medication. I couldn't sleep. My vision became impaired from the steroids. I didn't know if I could survive through it all.

In November of 2007 I had a dalmatian puppy flown from Georgia. She was to be my first show dog and I had been in love with dalmatians since I was twelve years old and already had one from a shelter.

Milla was eight weeks old when we picked her up from the airport. I still remember the first time I saw her little spotted face looking back at me out of her crate. I was instantly in love. She was perfect in every way that I could ever imagine in a dalmatian puppy. She hadn't even used the bathroom in her crate through the entire flight!

We decided that Milla's registered name would be Good Fortune since we definitely needed some good fortune in our lives. A month later on Christmas Eve I went to my rheumatologist where he gave me the news that my disease was in full remission! That little dalmatian puppy really did bring the good fortune I needed. She has pushed me to recover so much faster by giving me the job of being her mother (having a dalmatian as a daughter is a HUGE job!).

Milla will be two years old on September 15th and her next bit of good fortune that she wants to bring to her family is to win this contest for us. Since I was diagnosed with my disease I am basically uninsurable and my medical costs are through the roof! Winning this contest would be such a relief to know that I will never have to suffer undiagnosed like I did before. I have to go regularly to my rheumatologist to have blood tests and chest x-rays to make sure that my Wegeners isn't trying to make a comeback.

Thank you for listening to my story and please vote for Milla. We really appreciate it! 6347814613086624CF053FBD2D


First Day of School

April 17th 2009 8:51 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Yesterday was my first day at school. I guess seventeen months is how old your supposed to be to go to school? Anyway, it was with the Obedience Club of San Diego. At first there weren't very many dogs around, although Otis was there much to my dismay. We stood around for a while and then a lot of dogs started coming to stand around us. I saw another dalmatian with blue eyes and a round belly, she was okay. We sniffed each other and then she left. Then a man came and was talking to Mom and Dad about how pretty I was. Then this liver dalmatian bitch came kangaroo hopping at the end of the leash toward us! I could tell by their scent that this dal belonged to the man. I didn't like her but Mom and Dad seemed to, they said she was cute. She came over to sniff me and was standing on her back legs right over me! The nerve! So I gave her a warning growl to back off! I then got in trouble and Dad made me sit and be calm. Then the class began and we mostly did heeling and sitting. I already know how to do that so I got kind of bored by the end. But I still had a good time with my parents. They seemed really happy and proud of me, even the little shih tzu demon was happy.


March 15 & 16 Dog Shows

March 16th 2008 8:51 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

For my six month birthday I got to go to my first dog show! Mom was freaking out the day before but she sucked it up and took me into the ring. I got really excited when the judge came over to me. I wagged my tail and squiggled around to show him how cute I was. We didn't beat the other puppy there but it was still fun. Today I did a little better with standing still for the judge. She was really nice and excused my puppy behavior so Mom would feel more relaxed. I'm very tired from the whole ordeal. Mom got so brave the second day that she took Tavis into the foxhound ring! She said it was easier showing him than it is to show me, but I like giving Mom challenges.

See all diary entries for Milla