Close X


My Secrets

The Evil Spider

October 27th 2008 7:56 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

So technically this is my first halloween, as I was just a tiny thing last year. My brother is always telling me these "spooky" stories, but I don't believe a thing he says.

He says the scary wind whistling that we hear occasionally is the ghosts whirling by. He says the loud booms we hear every weekend is monsters coming to attack us. I say it's the fireworks coming from Disneyland. He says the king of all evil strikes when we hear loud noises and flashing lights when it's raining. I say it's thunder and lightning. I may be young, but he can't fool me. I ain't afraid of no ghosts!

This night was different though. The humans were sleeping, and we heard the rustling of papers, and twigs moving around. Buster popped up in fright. All I saw was pitch black and the white glow coming from his eyes.

"What was that??????" He sat right up, shaking like crazy.

"Oh get over it, wimp" I mumbled back. "I'm not tired but I'm trying to be good so the humans will stop yelling at me."

"Seriously, Dewey, I think something is here!" he started to get up as he shook, getting close to our mommy.

"Don't wake them Buster! They will get mad! I'll just go check it out, geez" I jumped off the bed and walked out to the hallway.

It was odd though, the sounds of papers and twigs got louder and louder as I walked towards the patio door. I admit, I was starting to wonder and got a little creeped out.

I walked out the doggy door... but wait, since when did we have a doggy door? "Oh well" I shrugged and went out.

"Um... he....hello?" I looked around..... I saw nothing.

"Is" Silence.

"Hmm... I guess it was Buster's imagination after all! Wacky dog.... " I started to walk away... when I heard a heavy breathing sound.

"I said... is"

The breathing got louder. I got a little brave and crept up to where I heard the breathing. I still saw pitch black, but I saw a shade of red there too. I turned on the flashlight that was left outside by the door, for some odd reason.

To my horror... I saw a HUGE, red hourglass... on a HUGE black body.

"A BLACK WIDOW?!?!?!??!" The thing was bigger than I was!!! It was a mutant black widow!!!

I screamed as loud as I could! I barked and barked like crazy, no one even heard me! That, or they didn't care! I ran for the doggy door, but I slammed right into the glass!

"Where the heck did the doggy door go?!?!?!"

I avoided the black widow as it jumped towards me, left and right, dodging its every move! It finally broke the glass door enough for me to squeeze through. I ran in the house, but I could not see!

The black widow chased right after me, as it slammed right through the door, shattering it to pieces!

I ran as fast as my little puggy body could take me, panting as hard as I could. It seemed like the more I ran, the farther the bedroom got! The hallway would not end!!!

I screamed and barked, and barked, and barked...

I felt dizzy.

The black widow caught up, grabbed my whole body with one leg, and slammed me into its gigantic web. I was stuck! I could not move! It got closer to me... breathing loudly..... fangs showing.. and it's million eyes showing. It opened it's mouth, reached down for me..


I woke up!!!

I barked like crazy! I jumped on Buster repeatedly! I gnawled on his legs like a mad pug!

"What are you doing??!!" he yelled out!

"Paying you back for scaring me!" I swung a pillow at his head... and attempted to sleep again, but with no luck.



August 12th 2008 4:38 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Okay.. so Saturday my human parents and Bubba's human parents decided to get together. First we all met at the dog park. We ran around for a little bit, but I didn't run around as much as I normally do. I guess that it was just too hot. After about an hour we all left and headed towards Bubba's house for the first time, for a bbq.

So we arrive, and Bubba and I are like best buddies now. We always had to be around each other. My human mommy compared it to two five year olds, who always have to be around the other one and do what the other one is doing, whatever that means.

The first floor was just a spot leading to the garage and the front door, which I thought was pretty neat. I had never been upstairs before. So I stumble up quickly, following Bubba, after they wipe our paws with paw wipes. The second floor lead to a bedroom, a bathroom, a closet, the living room, and the kitchen. There was a third floor leading to the extra bedroom and I'm not sure what else. I did run up with Bubba's dad a few times, but my mommy never went up there, so we are still unsure what all is up there, but we thought the layout of the apartment was great! My mommy is jealous because they live in an apartment in one of the cities that she loves, and we live in a condo in a medicore city. The other thing that she is jealous about is that it's bigger than our condo!! It's real nice. She wishes that we could live there, but now that we are owning it's not so easy.

So me and Bubba are running around like mad pugs, bouncing off the couch onto the other couch, bouncing off human legs and human bellys and whatever else. Well mommy had warned Bubba's daddy that I pee outside, and if a door is not open, leading to an area of dirt or rocks or grass, I don't warn her. She did tell him however, that I spin before I go so she could run off with me. The balcony was enclosed but no dirt or rocks or grass for me. She kept an eye on me but I didn't spin. After a few minutes we all hear Bubba's daddy say "Dewey!!!" my mommy looks, and here I am springing a leak on their very light colored floor, I stare at them as I go. Bubba's daddy Bill said, "Geez that's a lot!!" he cleans up after me with napkins, Resolve, and a steamer, even though my mommy said that she would do it.

Not too much longer I spring another leak!! My mommy freaks out and cleans up after me. She decided to catch me in time. She decides after a few minutes to take me out. (She had taken me out when we first got there but I didn't go of course) She puts my harness on and out we go. Bubba tried to follow me but they blocked him! I went like a good boy, and I run back up the stairs and Bubba is there to welcome me. Of course I follow my mommy to the bathroom and Bubba tried to as well, but he got blocked again. He was waiting for me of course.

Due to me and Bubba running around like mad pugs all night for 4 1/2 hours straight, we drank a ton of water, causing me to potty so often.

So after 3 times... 2 being on the carpet, I spring another leak, in my original spot of the first time. My mommy is getting very furious now and very embarrassed. She cleans it up again. She had tried to run me out to the balcony to finish but of course I stared at her blankly. The humans eat burgers, chicken kabobs, corn, and mashed taders. We are given a kong with spray cheese in it! Yum! Then, we get cooked chicken breast! Yummm!! Bubba is a very lucky pug, I just get stupid dog food!

The parents start to watch television and we run around like mad pugs still, bouncing off legs, and tummies again. My mommy puts my harness on again and takes me out while I proceed to pee again and even do a number 2. She was thankful that we at least avoided doing that in the house.

Bill put a pad on the floor with something that held it in place, in my original peeing spot. Bubba peed on his pads like a good boy, making me look even worse. My mommy stopped trying to train me on potty pads when I was real young because I would just rip them up and play with them. Well my mommy felt like I was just going to pee in another spot, but she was hoping that she was wrong.

They watch some more television, and my harness is now stuck on me as she was tired of putting it on and off. Before they get ready to go I decide to leave them a goodbye present before we left. I found a new spot and peed one last time in the hall, this was four times in the house now, on light carpet, two outside. My mommy was beyond embarrassed.

She was so mad at me, she told me they would probably never want us over there again because of me. I don't understand why, I didn't harm anyone. She kept telling them that she was sorry for her "demon dog" and my behavior. They kept telling her that it was okay. Now everyday since... it has been 3 now... she has apologized to them online about her dog's behavior!

We are supposed to meet them at the park this Saturday then have lunch with them at the restaurant that allows dogs! I am so excited.

I wonder if I will ever get to go to Bubba's house again? Probably not. :(


How I Spent my 4th of July

July 7th 2008 6:04 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

So my mommy had the day off! I was very happy about this. She had made plans with Marley and her mommy to go to the doggy park and to eat breakfast. We woke up early, and it was sunny already. Marley and her mommy drove up to the local KFC to pick us up so that we could carpool.

Stop #1 - Jack in the Box. So the mommies are obsessed with these new smoothies that Jack in the Box now sells. Mommy loves the strawberry banana ones, but this time she got the orange sunrise, which tastes like a 50 50 bar. Marley's mommy got the same. I was busy pesturing Marley since she was sitting on my mommy's left leg as I sat on the right. Not enough room for 2 pugs!!! I attempted to lick mommy's smoothie but licking the frost off the cup was the farthest I got.... selfish mommy.

Stop #2 - The doggy park. So we finally made it to the doggy park, where we were now allowed to run loose. Marley ran, or should I say trotted for about a minute or so before sitting next to her mommy, and keeping her phanny there for the rest of the visit. I ran off with all sorts of dogs.... every one that was there. A man brought in a psycho chihuahua... who was not scared of me! He kept lunging at me an chasing me off! I didn't know what to think or do.... the mean mommies thought it was friggin hilarious and laughed at me the whole time. We played for a bit longer before the mommies drug us out.

Stop #3 (Unplanned) - So now we are on our way to breakfast.... but Marley's mommy happened to miss it. We got lost in a giant mess of bike riders and a parade of all places. Bikers here and there, bikers were everywhere! (Bicycles, not motorcycles), people not paying attention, obviously not caring if they get hit or not! We pulled over by a house and Marley's mommy attempted to look up the address of the restaurant. No luck. Luckily one of the two guys directing traffic knew where it was and helped us out. We saw more bikers, and finally got out. We also saw a float getting ready... or maybe it was a vehicle for the parade? Who knows.

Stop #4 (The real #3) - We made it to the Park Bench Cafe. It was sunny out, a nice breeze, and not a wait! My mommy had the cinnamon roll french toast.... mmm... it had powdered sugar and cinnamon roll frosting! Marley's mommy had the Lumberjack meal... and Marley and I split chicken breast and a hot dog.... yum! They took us around in the grass, after Marley drank about a gallon of water, hoping that we would potty. They were unsuccessful, but I did do a #2! The mommies dragged us on the bench and took photos. Look, I am not a model... I do not need 200 photos taken of me! Just feed me and let me play!

Stop #5 - The Pet Store. So the mommies went to a pet store that my mommy had never been too. We were spoiled with bully sticks, chewwies, and treats!! I must say, we are prettttty spoiled. We finally got home about 1:30.. (we had left at 8:30). I was pooped. I slept.

My mommy and daddy went to daddy's mom's for a while, which Buster and I were NOT happy about. They finally got home about 9pm... as mommy was worried sick about Buster, knowing his fears on fireworks. Where they used to live the fireworks were bad and would go on until midnight or 1am. Here we live by Knott's Berry Farm and Disneyland. There were fireworks going off but not badly. They shut the door and turned the window AC on... to block off some noise. After about 10:30 mommy shut it off and went to bed. The fireworks were gone... a good thing about living on a busy street is that there is nowhere to shoot off fireworks, and the parks stop at a decent hour. I was not afraid of them fireworks at all!

And that my friends, his how I spent Independence Day.


Yes.. I can be a Demon Dog

June 29th 2008 7:44 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

So I did this a week ago and put it in a thread... but it really belongs in here.

So I got busted.... AGAIN!

I had both parents furious with me! So mom has to get up early every Saturday (along with every other day besides Sunday) but to do other things, not work like during the week. They came back from grandma's close to bed time, but do I care? No, I was here all alone. So mom got to lie down at 10, and dad was playing his dumb game. She gave us some doggy desserts from Schwans. (If you have heard of them), they are like Frosty Paws but it has a beef flavor to it, and left us be while she finished up and lied down. She knows better than to let dad alone with us, especially when his dumb game is on.

So when I finish any ice cream I think its fun to chew the plastic cup, and if anyone tries to take it, I run all around and they can't catch me. Mommy fooled me and took the cup when I didn't expect her to jump and get a hold of me. She couldn't find Buster's cup but was too tired to search. She left food with Buster and told dad to be sure to pick it up when he was finished, because I know I'm not supposed to have his so I try to inhale it before they take it away. Well Buster wasn't really hungry so he walked away from it two minutes later. Of course mom had to tell dad to pick it up, luckily I didn't get to it much.

So she goes to bed, and I follow her of course because I don't leave her alone. Now normally it takes me 3o minutes to an hour to settle down, but not this time. I had found Buster's cup! I chewed it into like 6 pieces. I did this in the room, so it took some effort but mommy got it away... multiple times. I would keep finding more pieces and she would have to do it again. Later I followed it by a squeaky toy in the room, knocking dads pillow down, trying to climb on her night stand to take the plastic pieces back, etc.

After 2 hours of this, which was now midnight, she was getting very tired of being woken up. Dad came in mad, saying I ran around with plastic pieces, and I took the plastic dish from the room with our water, knocked it all out, and ran in the living room to chew on that and get chased by dad. He was more annoyed than mom and she had to get up early! I also made sure to pee in the room 3 times so mommy could get up and clean the carpet. I would climb on her, and accidently scratch her legs many times by climbing all around. Not only did I torture her, but the extreme heat we have had this week day, and night, tortured her. By 1 am she was just losing it! She had to get up at 5.

I am still awake and annoying daddy which is scary. I put my mom through SO much but she has so much more patience than the grumpy father.

Yep... I put them through a lot... that will teach them to leave me at home and take Buster somewhere.



April 14th 2008 8:39 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

While the summertime can be a nightmare with the heat, it also has it's wonderful sides. There's nothing like going to the park on a bright sunny day, bright blue sky, fluffy white clouds, and sitting and kicking back on the crisp green grass on a blankie under the shade from a nearby tree.

Hamburgers... my favorite... all time... with crisp bacon strips, melted cheddar cheese, dripping bbq sauce.... mmmm *drooling* and if you prefer it, you can add the tomatos, lettuce, onion, etc.

There's nothing better than the aroma of the bbq flames, from cooking those hamburgers. Now I do not know a recipe for a bbq food so much, but I do have one for pasta salad to go along as a side dish.

History of Pasta Salad:

Pasta salad is a dish prepared with one or more types of pasta, usually chilled, and most often tossed in a vinegar, oil or mayonnaise-based dressing. It can be served as an appetizer or a main course.

As there is no one precise or agreed-upon recipe for the dish, ingredients vary widely by region, restaurant, seasonal availability, and/or preference of the preparer. The salad can be as simple as cold macaroni mixed with mayonnaise, or as elaborate as several pastas tossed together with a vinaigrette and a variety of fresh, preserved or cooked ingredients. These can include vegetables, legumes, cheeses, nuts, herbs, spices, meats, poultry, or seafood. Broccoli, carrots, baby corn, cucumbers, olives, onions, beans, chick peas, peppers, parmesan and feta cheeses are all popular ingredients in versions typically found at North American salad bars.

Pasta salad is often regarded as a spring or summertime meal, but can be served year-round.

In Australian cuisine, pasta salad became increasingly popular during the 1990s when the Mrs. Crockets company launched in supermarket stores across Australia. It is made up of cooked pasta pieces (usually either shell pasta, elbow shaped pasta or Penne) covered in mayonnaise and accompanied by carrots, capsicum (bell peppers), and sometimes celery. It is similar in style to the American macaroni salad.

My special pasta salad recipe:


1 box of tri color pasta
1/2 a bag of precut broccoli and cauliflower
1 block of orange/white cheese (the multicolored one)
1 small can of sliced olives
1 bottle of Cheese Fantastico dressing


Boil water and cook the tri colored pasta per instructions on the box.
Drain the pasta. Rinse!! (be sure to rinse and cool, or the cheese will melt!)
Add the pasta to a big bowl (it makes a lot)
Chop up the broccoli and cauliflower into smaller pieces, add to the bowl.
Chop up the multicolored cheese into small squares, add to the bowl.
Drain the sliced olives and add to the bowl.
Pour the bottle of Cheese Fantastico into the bowl.
Mix all ingredients.
Chill in the refridgerator for at least a few hours.
Be sure to stir before you eat.



Pen Pal Buddy

February 18th 2008 7:23 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Who would have thought that Dogster could be such a nice place, and I could meet such a great buddy halfway across the country?

I was voted as one of the diary picks of the day on January 19th. I got many congratulations from many sweet people.

I got a nice email personally from a nice pug named Pippin. I had emailed him back to thank him. From then it seemed like we topped it off. We started emailing each other every single day, getting to know each other. It has been about a month of this now, and I am so proud to say that I now have a "Pen Pal Buddy" because of Dogster.

It is so nice to share stories and getting to know each other on here more and more all the time. I'm really happy to have met him. I just wish he lived near me so that we could officially meet.

I just wanted to take a moment to show that I really appreciate that.


It's been a long week

January 15th 2008 1:37 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

My mommy has been going through so much this week. I'm not sure why it all seems to be happening at once.

First off, as of last week, I had the runs for a week straight (I know, gross sorry) and mommy finally got tired of worrying and took me to the vet. My temperature and heart beat were fine. We weren't sure why I was doing that. We pugs are notorious for eating anything in sight though. They found something real stringy and long in one of my stools and a bunch of white little balls in another. Mommy finally guessed later that night that maybe it was part of the astroturf stuff on daddy's mom's porch, but that still didn't explain why I had the runs for 4 days before I went to her house.

So 131 bucks later, I was given worm medicine just in case (even though the vet saw no threat of worms since I acted normal and didn't hurt and everything came out normal) and two medications. One to take half a pill 3 times a day for 3 days and liquid to take twice a day for seven days.

Mommy found out two days before that someone she thought was a friend of her's. (which is somewhat in daddy's family... had backstabbed her a number of times) she's been heart broken over that.

Then the next Friday (4 days ago) daddy's mom felt a lump on brudders side. It scared the heck out of mommy. It was around the same spot that he had his rabies shot on, and we know it can be a reaction because her doggy had that happen before. The weird part is no one noticed or felt it until almost two weeks after he got it. Also, he had never had that happen before. Luckily she's been massaging it and it's going down. She is also worried because even though Brudder has always been lazy and slept a lot, it seems like thats all he does anymore. He's awake while they are eating people food, and he'll eat his food once or twice a day but he doesn't always want it. Other than that all he wants to do is sleep. He also looks really skinny but he does eat, and he was still his normal weight when he got his shot. Daddy heard my trainer tell someone that some breeds look skinny certain times of the year. We are hoping that is the case, but again we never noticed it before. He's probably just lazy because he's getting older. He's about 8 1/2 now. We don't know his exact birthday but they got him in June of 2002 and he was 3 then. He's her first dog so this is all new to her. We hope that he is ok.

The next day, on Saturday I did the worst than I ever did at school. I didn't listen to one thing the trainer wanted me to do. After about 5 minutes of trying I would do it, but I would refuse to do the next step and I would do everything I wasn't supposed to do. He said maybe like humans I was having an off day. I did not do well at all. Mommy was confused and frustrated. Maybe it's because this intermediate class is at 10am where my basic was at 1:30 and she took me to the park before. She might try getting up really early to take me there first (she won't be happy since she doesn't sleep during the week with work) I probably still won't listen but I will be calmer. Hopefully I listen though.

Then poor mommy... as of Saturday night she got extremely sick. She had a stuffed nose and a minor sore throat days before but it went away and she was relieved. It came back Saturday though, and it hit her hard. She felt like she had a fever and her throat started hurting. She felt extremely nauseated the next day and she felt that fever still... because she was hot one minute and freezing the next. She had planned on going to two places (because she had to) and ended up at 4. She came home and lied around all day. It got worse Monday morning. She could barely talk, that fever was hitting her hard, she coughed all the time and her nose was clogged up. She lied around all day again. Today she still feels bad but she doesn't think she has the fever now... at least not as bad. She's a little cold but not too bad. Still coughing a lot but not as much. She sneezed a few times today. Her throat still hurts a lot and her ears are plugged up now. She can still barely talk. She's frustrated because she has missed 2 days of work and her work does not pay sick pay. Mommy and daddy are extremely tight on money right now and they have STILL not given her the raise they promised her months ago. What kind of job doesn't give sick pay anyways? She doesn't have much vacation so she's only going to put in one day to make up the two days. (I think it's ridiculous to use vacation pay when you are sick) and she will be short a day... which tightens things even more. I hope that they work it out ok with bills. I had not seen her this sick in my lifetime... but I have only been around for a few months. Brudder hasn't seen her this ill in a long time.

Now I am driving her nuts because I'm finally going to the bathroom normally now and she caught me with 3 rocks today... two of which I swallowed before she got it from me. The last thing she needs is to worry about me having the runs again or getting sick.

Poor mommy.


Wish List

December 5th 2007 5:02 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

I got tagged for Christmas by my friend Otis. This is how it works, you write a dear Santa letter listing five things that you want, then you give the doggy that tagged you 5 bones or treats, then you tag 5 more doggies!

I'm not real good with words, so I will try to write what I can!

Santa.. for number one I want for all the doggies and kitties in the world to find loving families, and to stop going through abuse and neglect. It is so, so sad. They need to be loved.

For number two I would like for our troops to come home and be with their families. We really miss them and hope for the best.

Number three I would like for all the less fortunate humans and children to be well fed and given lots of toys for Christmas to light up their lives.

Number four I would like for daddy's family problems to finally come to an end. It's so sad to see his family fight all the time and it breaks mommy's and daddy's hearts.

Number five I hope that everyone has a safe and wonderful Christmas, and that there will be a lot more peace in the world.

For my five tags it will be....

  Sort By Oldest First

King Dewey of Destruction


Family Pets

Dark Knight


(What does RSS do?)