Australian Kelpie/German Shepherd
Picture of Alissa, a female Australian Kelpie/German Shepherd

Photo Comments

Home:Jordan, MN, TX  
Age: 14 Years   Sex: Female

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a bone for Alissa

Eesa, Lizard, Leezard

Doggie Dynamics:
not playfulvery playful

Sun Sign:
Quick Bio:
-mutt-dog rescue

October 9th 2002

Sitting next to her person getting stroked methodically.

Loud noises.

Favorite Toy:
Anything she can carry outside.

Favorite Food:
Bones, because there is a little pit bull terrier in her, she can crack bones very easily.

Favorite Walk:
Anywhere she can drag you.

Best Tricks:
She doesn't really have any tricks.

Arrival Story:
Alissa was in rescue as a very young puppy. When I spotted her and her siblings it was before I had adopted Sookie. The sweet foster woman just wasn't comfortable with the adoption because of my landlords list of "dangerous" dogs. German Shepherd was included on this list. A year later I inquired to the foster mom about Alissa and she was distraught. It seems Alissa had been adopted out twice but returned for "fear issues". Alissa was, it seems, very timid and afraid of everything! The foster mom said, "I don't know what I'm going to do about her". I asked her if I could do anything to help, such as try to get Alissa over her fears. She said "wouldyou?" The rest is history.

Alissa has been with me for 5 years now. Wow, that means she's 6 years old now. A year and a half ago Alissa developed epilepsy. It was so scary. I was living alone at the time (separated from my husband) and had a few clues as to what was going on. One clue was puddles of dog saliva on my wood floor. The other dogs were acting funny around her and even leaving the room she was in when she was having a seizure. One day I decided to stay really close to her and keeping a special eye on her for symptoms. Sure enough, she had like two seizures in a row! We, Alissa and I, headed for the Emergency Animal Hospital. I didn't have the money! Holy crap, what was I going to do? The hospital wanted to keep her overnight for observation even though they knew it was epilepsy. I called, and called, and called my husband, trying desperately trying to wake him up. It was late and I knew he took meds to help him sleep. Finally, FINALLY, he answered the phone and I asked him for financial help. Once the financials were taken care of, they kept he overnight and confirmed the epilepsy diagnosis. With a perscription of phenobarbital, she's been seizure free for all this time now. Amen.

I've Been On Dogster Since:
October 20th 2007 More than 9 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Dogster Id:

Meet my family

Meet my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals