August 7th 2009 11:38 pm
[ View A Comments (1) ]
Day 6 in hospital - KJ's Ultrasound
August 7th 2009 10:32 pm
This morning at 8:30 mom picked up KJ. Mom was so excited to be seeing her big boy again after being away from him since last Sunday. They headed out of town to the specialist. After filling out the paper work KJ then had to have his belly shaved and then they were ready for the Ultrasound.
The test showed that the liver was not enlarged, in fact it was a little smaller than normal. All other organs looked good. The doctors wanted to be sure there was not a tumor or something similar causing the liver to fail. They decided not to do the biopsy at this time. After both doctors consulted on the phone it was decided to wait on doing this. The treatment KJ is getting is working. Not as fast as we would like it to, but working none the less. They then did a Mammalian Liver Profile. The ALT read 530. So even after the IV being out quite a bit in the last 24 hrs. the value is down!
Before mom left the specialist's office she got KJ to eat 1/2 a can of food! His first meal in about a week. He has lost almost 9 lbs since going to the hospital.
When they were pulling out of the clinic, mom got a phone call from her sister. Kiana, who is our Guardian Angel Kiska's sister & lives at our house had started vomiting last night & wouldn't eat anything. They took her in for bloodwork. She is now in the kennel beside KJ and has the same problem he has. They are giving her the same treatment that KJ is getting. She is a 10 yr old Malamute who mom loves dearly. Please include her in your prayers. She already has so many problems & her health wasn't the best to start with.
So after hearing this mom scheduled me to go in later for bloodwork. She was taking no chances that I was next. The testing showed all was fine with me. Thank Dog! I really don't think mom could handle 3 of us in the hospital right now.
Our vet told mom he thinks KJ is feeling better & definitely stronger than when he went in. He is alert & interested in what's going on around him. He is hopeful that he maybe able to come home late Monday. If so he will be following a special liver diet with careful monitoring of his progress.
Thank you all for your continued support, love & pawrayers!
Malamute Wooooo's & Hugssss!
KJ & Rain's mom called us tonight and she sounds tired.. Prayers would also be wonderful, but this is better news for KJ, but not such good news for Kiana..
If your prayer load is manageable, PAWlease, spare what you can mates..
mirra, angel mica & mel
Sending all the prayers for a speedy recovery for both of them, don't like to see any pooch in trouble...keep us posted and we'll be praying for them.