Close X



(Page 1 of 14: Viewing Diary Entry 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  


May 12th 2007 7:52 pm
[ View A Comments ]

Lobo the dog is recovering from dental surgery. He broke one of his upper fangs. Probably on the chain link fence. He had his check up today and infection has set in. So he is on a second round of antibiotics. Does anyone want to help me give him 4 pills a day?


6 More Pill to Go

May 17th 2007 8:45 am
[ View A Comments ]

Lobo has his check up scheduled for tomorrow. It is getting very difficult to give him his pills. He knows every trick in the book. I don't know if he will get a good check up. Infection seems to have been going away but he seems depressed and has no appetite. I think it is because of what happened to his favorite cat. We lost Peaches on Monday.


Latest Vet Visit

May 19th 2007 11:09 pm
[ View A Comments ]

The time had come for Lobo's 4th vet visit within a month. We brought Tasha with us so he might not clue in as to where we were going. We had left Tasha behind on his other vet visits. So, a drive without Tasha, had quickly meant VET to that smart dog.
The clinic was very busy and they had our appointment time written down wrong. I said to them, "I have the piece of paper that you wrote the appointment time down on if you want to see it!" Then I said, "If you want, you can examine him while he is in the back of my truck. That way, you won't have to clean out an examination room and he won't have to make the dreaded trip into the building!" The waiting room was full of dogs and Lobo weighs 120 pounds and has recently learned to hate that building. They were so busy and frazzled, that they agreed. A vet, that I had never met before, came out and briefly looked at Lobo's mouth. She said, "He's fine!" and then ran back in. I'm not so sure about that examination but was glad to leave the place. Wish we would have had our regular vet. For $600, that is the least you could expect. Our usual vet, got up and close and personal with Lobo and actually sniffed the surgery site. Not an easy thing to do with that dog. This vet, seemed to want nothing much to do with him. Or who knows. Maybe a quick glance, from an experienced eye, was enough for her to determine that the second round antibiotics had done their trick.
So, Lobo, Tasha and I went for a walk after that. Later in the day, I gave him his last pills. Hopefully for a long, long while.


Yikes! Coyotes!

July 15th 2007 1:04 pm
[ View A Comments ]

Mom took us a different place this morning for our walk. It was hot and humid and there were plenty of horseflies bugging all of us. But there were also plenty of ground squirrels to chase. When we were about half way done our walk, I was chasing a ground squirrel when a coyote popped up right near me and started to make a heck of a racked. Mom freaked out, leashed Tasha who was already near her and yelled for me to come! I did, right away. Mom leashed me and we all walked together. That coyote followed us real close yelping and barking at us for a long, long way. Later, Mom spotted its partner. That one had been following us quietly on the other side of the trail the whole time. Mom figures they were hoping to get one of us dogs away from Mom and maybe catch their breakfast. Mom was very proud of us for not falling for it. We didn’t even want to go and chase the coyotes.


Vet Visit Again

August 14th 2007 11:29 am
[ View A Comments ]

July 17, 2007
I had a major tooth removed in May. Mom thought the incision site for my surgery still looked bad. So, off to the vet we went for our 3rd post surgery visit. They weighed me. I’m now 130 pounds, so I am obviously eating okay. The vet cornered me and looked at my mouth, yet again. He smelled my breath, poor guy, and then told Mom everything was fine. Yahoo! On the way out I barked at this big dog and then almost broke down the front door trying to get out of there. Mom put me back in the truck, with Tasha, and then went back to see if she owed some money. They said no! So then Mom took us for a walk and we could tell she was really happy.


The Camping Trip

August 14th 2007 11:30 am
[ View A Comments ]

August 8, 2007
All of us know something is going on. A pile of stuff has been gathering in our livingroom. It smells like nylon, wood smoke and food. Mom filled up the cat food bowls extra full and our water dishes, inside and out, extra high. She took the whole pile of stuff from the livingroom and started to throw it in OUR truck. When she put MY food bowl in there, I knew I was in for an adventure including a lot of driving. She gave kisses to Lucky and Squirrel and Tasha and I could tell she was a bit sad. She said goodbye, then, “Tasha stay, Lobo come!” and we were off.
Mom stopped at all of the usual places we stop at when we go East. She tried to sleep in the front of the truck and later, in the back with me. She didn’t have much luck. It rained most of the time.

August 9, 2007
As soon as it was light, Mom kept driving. We saw these gigantic animals with wood on their heads. I barked real good at them. There is a picture of one of them on my page. After a lot of driving we found my Uncle! I love him and was really happy to see him. He plays with me and teases me a lot. A little while later, my Aunty drove up! Wow, I know now we are going camping together where we went last year. Moments later, we all started the long, bumpy drive up to our new home for a few days. Stuff was unloaded, tarps were put up, tents were set up and then it rained, and rained and rained. When it got dark, Mom put me in our truck and went into Uncle’s van with her sister and they visited. All of a sudden, there was a bright flash of light and a big BOOM! Mom came out and got me and we both went into our tent. Then there was a flash of light and BOOM at the same time and Mom got real scared and so did I. When she got in her sleeping bag I tried to jump on top of her and she said NO LOBO! Instead, I stayed real close to her and she put her hand on my back until I fell asleep. It rained all night but the booms moved farther away.

August 10, 2007
It rained all day and we just visited under the tarps and in Uncle’s van (he let me in with the understanding that I would not jump on his bed). Mom took me for several walks during the day just for something to do.

August 11, 2007
The rain stopped over night and we woke up to a freezing, but sunny morning! We all had breakfast in the sun! Some deer came by and I chased them away. Mom said NO, but I did a chase them little bit anyway. We went for a hike and I carried a pack. It was really hot and every chance I got, I sat in the shade. In my pack was water, my water dish, and some paper that humans use to wipe their bums.
Then Mom, me and Uncle went to find dead trees for firewood. We had a camp fire. I got bored and went to sleep in the tent.

August 12, 2007
Another icy, but sunny morning. We all had breakfast in the sun and when I was dozing, some birds tried to steal my food! Mom called them “whisky jacks”. Aunty and Uncle called them “camp robbers”! So, I had to go and guard my food bowl. Mom will make a Youtube video out of that when she gets a chance. We went for two hikes. One was to a spring to get water. I got to chase squirrels on that walk. We had another camp fire.

August 13, 2007
It was cloudy and Mom started putting things away and taking down her tent and tarp. Uncle snuck away from camp and when he came back I barked at him really good, like he was a bear. Aunt and Mom got scared for a moment. They all talked for a bit and then we started the long drive. I was sad because I will miss them. So will Mom. When we finally got home, I was very excited. I had a lot to tell Tasha and she had a lot to tell me. Mom had us in the house for a late night snack and visit and I fell into a deep sleep.


Long Drive

September 21st 2007 9:56 am
[ View A Comments ]

We've been back for a while, but only now is Mom adding this to my diary. We had to make an unexpected trip back to Mom's home town as her Mom passed away. As usual, she took me with her. I thought we were going for our yearly visit. When we got there, I was surprised to not see Grandma sitting in her usual spot and giving me crackers. I looked all over for her and could not find her. I later figured out that she was gone forever, like Peaches.
I stayed real quiet and behaved very well. Mom still took me for daily walks where she thanked me for distracting her from what was going on. The rest of the time, her and my aunts and uncles were sorting through papers and stuff and talking. It was very boring for me, but I didn't complain. The last few days, I had a bit of cabin fever, but soon we were back on the road. Mom stopped to walk me regularly but she sure didn't sleep much on that super long drive back home. I was glad to get back but then, no Tasha!!!! Tasha wasn't in the yard or our house! I found the cats, but no Tasha! I was afraid maybe Tasha was now gone forever like Grandma and Peaches. But, Mom ran over to the neighbor's house and came back with Tasha. Now I can relax. Mom acted funny for quite a long time after that. You know, not her usual self. But things are better now.


I love October!

October 6th 2007 5:48 pm
[ View A Comments ]

Mom had the day off and took Tasha and I on a nice walk. Tasha wasn't wanting to run and play as much as me so I found a nice stick for Mom to throw for me. That is what my new picture is about.


More ground squirrels than in my wildest dreams!

October 16th 2007 3:22 pm
[ View A Comments ]

Mom took Tasha and I on a long walk. She took her mountain bike for part of it. I should have known that meant that I should conserve energy, but, hey, I'm a dog! So, we went up to the top of a mountain. Both Tasha and I stepped on prickly pear cacti. Mom had to pull them out of our toes. Ouch for us and ouch for her. We chased so many ground squirrels that we lost count. We got so tired and thirtsy, Mom had to share her water with us. Now we are resting and waiting for our next adventure.


More Hiking

October 30th 2007 2:30 pm
[ View A Comments ]

Mom took us on another walk today. On her way home, she took us to a different place. It turned out to be really cool! It was foggy when we started, then the sun came out and shone on some frosty trees. So she went nuts with her camera. The result: 2 new pictures of me on my page from today.

  Sort By Newest First

Lobo - RIP


Family Pets

Peaches -
Max -
Fuzzy -
Rosie -
Penny - 1972 -
Pickles (RIP)
Thumper (RIP)


(What does RSS do?)