Close X


Quincy's Doodles

(Page 5 of 16: Viewing Diary Entry 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  

Round 2.10

August 13th 2010 6:27 pm
[ View A Comments (9) ]

Hi pals,

During my "break" week from treatment, my parents felt that my lymph nodes under my neck on the left side were enlarged, which meant that the University of Wisconson-Madison protocol was no longer working. Since I was acting happy and eating, they decided to just wait until my scheduled appointment today.

Dr. Shaw confirmed that I'm out of remission again, but today I got Elspar, Diphenhydramine, and Dexamethasone. They're also starting me on prednisone again to try to get me back into remission. We continue to regularly stock Metoclopramide (for nausea, vomiting, poor appetite) and Metronidazole (for diarrhea) as needed.

There are a few other protocols we can try, DTIC (dacarbazine), CCNU, or MOPP. They each have about a 40-50% chance of shrinking my lymph nodes back down temporarily. We decided on DTIC which has the least chance of serious side effects, but none will be as effective as the one I was on.

I'll be going in next Friday to start DTIC, which will be a 6-hour infusion to be given every 3 weeks. Dad also signed a paper authorizing them to provide any emergency care as needed.

My prognosis: 3 to 6 months

Yes, you can say you never know, but my parents have known it already wasn't good when I came out of remission the last time soon after completing treatment.

It will all eventually come down to quality of life, and right now I still have a quality of life. I still want to play, go out, get lovins' from everyone, socialize, and eat. I'm going to enjoy life for as long as I can.

Thank you for your continued prayers and friendship. I will keep you posted.



Round 2.9

July 31st 2010 3:27 pm
[ View A Comments (7) ]

After playing too hard with my pal Casey last week I got an owie on my front leg and was limping for a few days. Then I also got an ear infection and stuff was squirted in my ear, but now I'm back to myself again!

My blood work was adequate for treatment so I got a dose of Vincristine yesterday. The doctor said I was doing good so now I'm moving back onto the every 2-week dosing of the chemo protocol!

Now when Mom takes me to the dog park we stop at the tree right outside where my sister Mercy was rescued so we can count our blessings. I wasn't part of the family then, but Butch and Cosmo were with Mom when Mercy was found and put in the car with them for the ride home.

Gotta run now because it's time for my third walk of the day with Dad!



Short Appointment

July 24th 2010 9:15 am
[ View A Comments (6) ]

Thank you for your condolences for my sister Mercy. Mom had the week off, which she had planned months ago, so that's been nice for all of us.

I had the quickest doctor's appointment this week. They normally do an in-house CBC before giving me treatment but this week they sent my blood out to a lab and called back by the end of the day to say everything looked good, so I'll go see them again next Friday.

Time to go rest my bones and take a nap because Dad and I ran into my best pal Casey at the park and my tongue is ready to fall out. I barely had the energy to tell you all about it!

Have a fun weekend!



Round 2.8

July 18th 2010 2:24 pm
[ View A Comments (10) ]

On my appointment on July 9th, my white blood cell count was low, so they gave me Elspar (Asparaginase) and an antibiotic to take at home. I did get treatment this past Friday, July 16th, but I'm not sure which drug because I saw a different doctor and he didn't have my report ready when Dad came to pick me up so they'll mail it to us. I think it was Adriamycin.

I've been doing real good and lately have been playing leash-free at the regular park around the corner with Casey because sometimes we think the dog park is dirty!

Mom has been asking Dad not to let me go into these bushes by the tennis court at the park to retrieve balls because I come out with these little round burrs in my fur and they stick around my head and paws. They are not easy to pull out of my coat and if they get stuck in my paws and I go to clean them I could swallow them.

My kitty sister Mercedes (Mercy) was sent to the Rainbow Bridge yesterday morning. Her health declined in the last week or so but I got to say goodbye to her before my parents took her away to make her journey. She was one cool cat and the family will miss her very much. That is why I haven't been in the mood to write in my diary but I thought I should write today and let you know what's going on.

Hope you're all staying cool because it sure is hot around here!



Round 2.7

July 3rd 2010 6:16 pm
[ View A Comments (7) ]

We had another kitty emergency on Thursday, this time with my kitty sister Joy. She had to have emergency surgery to remove an obstruction in her small intestine. It was a hard hairball around two inches long, and it was causing her to vomit and not eat and needed to be removed immediately. She came back home yesterday and is being nursed back to health at home.

In the meantime, I did get cleared for treatment yesterday with the drug Vincristine. The next dose is supposed to be Adriamycin. That will be my 6th dose of that drug and additional doses of it are associated with increased risk for toxicity to the heart and heart failure.

There are other drugs we can use in place of it thereafter or add in another drug (Zinecard) to help protect the heart from the toxic effects of the Adriamycin. We'll have another talk with my oncologist next week to decide what we'll do.

Happy 4th of July to all my pals and thank you for your gifts and continued prayers.



Diary Pick!

June 27th 2010 4:20 pm
[ View A Comments (2) ]

I've been a diary pick twice this month--that's a first! Thanks to my pals who left me comments and gifts!

I did get the image of the photo collage added to my page today so I'm glad about that. Must have been a glitch yesterday.

I have a story to tell you that I forgot about until last night. On Friday when I went for my checkup, we were waiting in the lobby when a lady walked it without a dog. Next thing you know, they were bringing a gurney out and we thought that this lady's dog must be really sick and that she needed help bringing him into the hospital. He was a big Golden Retriever, bigger than me.

Well, she did need help but not for the reason we thought! She told everyone that there was nothing wrong with her dog, that he was just there for a follow-up visit and that he just didn't want to go into the hospital! BOL!

Who can blame him.

It was hot here today but it's cooling down so I'll be going for a walk!

Thanks again!



Round 2.6

June 26th 2010 1:42 pm
[ View A Comments (4) ]

Hi pals,

I am doing good. This week I'll be taking the Cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan) pills at home. I've been enjoying my walks in the very nice warm weather.

I signed up for a program called ShapeCollage and loaded up all the pictures that my pals sent to me for my project. My problem is with trying to add it to my page to show you! It was there then it wasn't there, and then the image I had of the charm my pal Hershey sent to me also disappeared! Sorry Hershey and pals, I will let everyone know in my diary when it's on my profile and/or email the image to you.

It's not too late to send your pictures to me at because I can easily add them to the collage at any time. My plan is to enlarge the image so I can frame it and hang it on a wall at home!

My kitty sister Mercy had to go to the emergency room Thursday night after having a seizure. When it happened I got up to go see her and didn't know what to do to help. She is home and okay now but I gotta go help my parents keep an eye out on her.

Have a great weekend!



Round 2.5

June 19th 2010 1:29 pm
[ View A Comments (1) ]

My tummy is better now and I got the seal of approval yesterday and got treated with Vincristine. One of my two warts disappeared again! *gulp*

I get to do something new on Tuesdays now. The company Mom works for has several sites in our area and they have a softball team that plays at our park every Tuesday. This past Tuesday was their first game so we walked over after Mom got home from work and I was introduced as the "million dollar dog!" I got all kinds of attention from the guys, especially a guy named Jody, then we continued over to the dog park and I played with Casey. Mom said for the next couple of days when she ran into Jody at work he asked about me, so I have a new buddy!

We're having great weather over here so I'll be going out alot this weekend! Enjoy yours!



One of five!

June 17th 2010 8:25 pm
[ View A Comments (2) ]

I was chosen as one of five featured diaries today! Thank you for stopping by and leaving me cool comments and gifts!

I've had an upset tummy all week even though I took pills for it, but at least I didn't leave any presents inside the house! Even if I did, I bet I wouldn't have gotten in trouble for it.

Dad gave me a bath again today! I guess that means they're gonna treat me good tomorrow at the hospital. I hope my white blood cell count will be good enough for treatment but if not, I'll just come back home and work on it!

Sending licks to all my gal pals and chest slams to my guy pals!

Thanks again!



Round 2.4

June 12th 2010 2:44 pm
[ View A Comments (5) ]

Yep, I'm still in remission, so I was treated with Adriamycin yesterday. Those things in my mouth are still there but they haven't changed, so we have to continue to keep our eyes on them though I can't see them unless I look in the mirror!

We met a Golden Retriever yesterday at the hospital who is also a lymphoma patient. He completed his treatment and was there for a follow-up exam. His Mom told my Dad that his younger Golden Retriever brother was in the car and his name was Quincy!! I thought that was pretty cool.

I usually walk with a retractable leash, and last weekend while I was out walking with Mom at the big park I had my nose to the ground and came up with something that sounded crunchy but I didn't chew it. Mom hurried over to me and couldn't open my mouth with a crowbar even if she had one. I finally dropped "it" and Mom picked it up with a poop bag. It had bone and feathers on it so the party pooper dumped it in the trash can!

It's going to be a hot weekend over here and I hope you're all ready for the Summer!


  Sort By Oldest First



Family Pets

The Furbies


(What does RSS do?)