Close X


Finnegan's Way

(Page 2 of 12: Viewing Diary Entry 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

Life goes on...

August 4th 2010 1:06 pm
[ View A Comments (1) ]

Last night I read in Schnauzer's Rule that my old friend Hayley has crossed the Rainbow Bridge. She was my first Valentine when I first started on Dogster. She was a very pretty schnauzer and so sweet. She used to get diary of the day a lot back then. We even exchanged Valentine's that year. I posted the one she gave me. So sad. I know she had a heart murmur for some time so maybe she ended up having problems like Annie. Her family loved her very much and I know she will be missed. Hugs and love to you my new angel friend!

Today is kind of getting back to normal. Last weekend, mom had a huge birthday party with lots and lots of relatives. Winston & I had a great time visiting with everyone. Alauna is only 5 so she dropped food sometimes so we got extra snacks. And mom thinks we probably got some treats from some family members, but we're not telling! We showed off with our good manners. People stayed for days and there was a lot of coming and going around here. Of course we didn't get our regular walks. But I guess the hugs and treats made up for some of it!

Today, the last person left so we got our regular walks. Now it's just us and mom during the day. Just how we like it BOL!!!!


All healed up!

April 28th 2010 12:35 am
[ View A Comments ]

My foot finally healed! Mom had me wearing that collar for a couple of days before she went on vacation because she didn't want anything to happen while she was away. Our housesitter Vicki watched me very closely though. She put that dumb collar on me for 2 hours one night because I was licking it a lot! But when mom got home, she said it was completely healed up. I'm back to regular walks too, thank goodness. My foot had been pretty sensitive so I had to take short walks. But no more!!!!

Now mom says I have to go in for grooming this week. She says it has been a couple of weeks longer than she would've liked since my foot had to heal. Most of the hair has even grown back where the vet shaved my foot! Well, the only good thing about grooming is that I get lots of hugs and kisses the first day...before I get back outside anyway.

Thanks again to all my friend for their sympathies and good wishes. Mom says PoP works!




April 13th 2010 12:15 am
[ View A Comments (2) ]

I'm better but not 100% yet. The bandages are off, the collar is off, the toe is healing. What a relief. But I got sick from the anitbiotics and my stomach is intermittently upset. Just when mom thinks she's going to take me to the vet again, I'll eat a meal! She sure hopes it isn't anything else going on.

Mom combed out all of the mats in my fur from wearing all these things, especially around the dressing. I kept telling mom to stop but she was relentless. But Winston had to get brushed out too, so I didn't feel so bad then.

I actually had a short walk tonight. The first time in several days. Life may get back to normal this week. I'll be so happy!



Diary of the Day

April 11th 2010 3:05 pm
[ View A Comments (2) ]

Wow - I was chosen as Dogster's Diary of the Day!!! Thank you Dogster, it's quite an honor. It's been really fun to meet new dogster pals and to get congratulated by my long time pals. What a great place to hang out! Aarrrooooo!!!!



Still not healed!

April 9th 2010 1:58 pm
[ View A Comments (1) ]

I had to go back to the vet's again. This makes 4 visits in 1-1/2 weeks! The first time Dr. Porte cut back the nail back to where it was broken and bandaged it up. Then I went back to have it checked, and the vet said if I lick it a lot then I have to have it wrapped again. He said it would probably be a week for it to completely heal, so just finish out the antibiotics and pain pills. Well, the next day mom took me back to have it wrapped - at least this time it was blue instead of pink. Mom had to go out of town for the day, so the dog walker followed all of her instructions on what to do to keep it dry. But when dad got home, the dressing was wet. So since we have all of the same supplies at home, dad rewrapped it. The next day it was wet again (because it was raining so much and somehow I got out of the plastic). So mom took it off and kept my collar on. She kept me close to her to remind me to not lick it.

Yesterday, mom went out of town again! I didn't want my breakfast yesterday but mom got me to eat a few bites. When dad got home, he said I was running around like usual then I got sick and didn't want to do or eat anything. So today when I woke up, I wouldn't even come out of my bed, even to go outside. She inspected my injury and decided it was infected again. So mom pulled me out of bed, and the next thing I knew I was at the vet's office. Dr. Kim cut the nail all of the way back this time because it has split going the other way and was causing a pathway for bacteria and it was infected. He said another dog recently got tetanus from a toenail injury like this, so he wanted me on antibiotics again. The good news, I get the dressing off tomorrow and I can lick it all I want, and NO MORE COLLAR! Woo hoo...

Bottom line, mom can't go out of town any more when I have an injury....


Getting better

April 2nd 2010 5:38 pm
[ View A Comments (2) ]

I just came back home from seeing Dr. Porte. He removed the dressing that was on my foot, and he said it's healing well. There is no infection, but still some sensitivity where the nerve was exposed. The dressing doesn't have to stay on as long as I'm not licking it! I do have to wear the collar though!!! And mom found these socks that have a velcro strap to keep them up and rubber at the bottom. I've been wearing them over the dressing just as a barrier to keep me from it. So now we're going to try to wear the sock by itself. We'll see how that goes. And I have to keep taking my medicine until it's all gone.

Gonna be a long week! And mom will be gone all day tomorrow, and dad is on call so he may have to leave me. But we have Paula our dog walker scheduled a couple of times. So between them, hopefully they can keep an eye on me. I'm pretty full of energy so mom says someone has to keep an eye on me. Sigh....

Well Happy Easter my pals!




March 31st 2010 12:48 pm
[ View A Comments (2) ]

Last night I was zonked out from all those meds. Mom was worried because I wouldn't eat or drink, but dad said I'm a healthy boy so I'd be ok overnight. This morning I had an appetite. Mom fed me in my crate where I've been hanging out. I had to stand up to eat, and I figured out how to get out of the crate with this floppy cone type of thing. The vet tech gave mom a modified empty IV bag to tie around my dressing, but I wouldn't walk outside on that. So she had some special saran wrap stuff made to stick to things. It worked really well. When mom wasn't looking, I ran away in the yard to an area she couldn't see BOL!!! She came flying out there in her PJs and slippers looking pretty silly. But the plastic wrap stuck!!!

So I've been taking it easy, sitting in the open doorway, occasionally chasing a squirrel. All is as well as can be expected.

Oh yeah, mom took some pics of me in my new attire. Note that the plastic wrap is blue, in an attempt to cover up the pink gauzy stuff. Sheesh!



I hurt my foot!

March 30th 2010 10:44 pm
[ View A Comments (3) ]

Last weekend I hurt my foot running around the yard with Winston. It seemed like an abrasion to one of my dew claws (those darn previous owners never had them removed). Mom called the vet who said since there was no bleeding or infection, to just put a cone on my head so I wouldn't lick it and keep it irritated!!! Do you think they were looking to get some special rays funneled down from my head to my toes???? I dunno! Everything seemed ok except it hurt to touch the nail.

Anyway, today I didn't want to chase squirrels, can you imagine that!!! They were coming right up to the back stairs and I just sat there. That's NEVER happened before. Mom trimmed the hair away and could see a fracture in the nail. So off to Dr. Porte I went! I wasn't too happy about that, especially his plan to fix it. They gave me a shot to "relax" me, then they took the nail off. Then they wrapped it up. The worst part is that the dressing is PINK!!! What were they thinking??? Then they put another softer cone on my head! When I got home, dad held me while I told him all about it. Then we both fell asleep.

It hurts to walk on it right now. But mom gave me pain meds tonight and some other stuff so I'm sleeping it off. I have to go back to see Dr. Porte on Friday to have the dressing changed. It sounds like it's going to be a long week!



Update on Guardian Angels for Soldiers Pets

March 24th 2010 6:02 pm
[ View A Comments ]

Mom just heard on the today's news that after this organization was on yesterday's new, their website crashed because so many people signed up to volunteer! Woo Hoo!!!!!

We are SO happy to hear about the great response!



Helping our soldiers' pets

March 23rd 2010 6:02 pm
[ View A Comments (1) ]

We saw this on the news today. This helps out solders who are deployed. We saw a 2 year old pup who hadn't seen his daddy for 13 months while his daddy was in Iraq. And his daddy wouldn't give him up while he was away. What a happy homecoming!

I'm so happy for that pup and others who benefit from their help. I would be very sad if my dad went away to do his duty and we had to be given to a shelter and never saw him again!


  Sort By Oldest First



Family Pets

Fearless Four


(What does RSS do?)