November 22nd 2013 3:31 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Mom is really happy that she found our park. The old one was okay, but kind of far and the other dogs were too unpredictable.
This new one is fantastic. From the two visits we've had mom's learned the following:
1. Virtually the same dogs are there every Friday.
2. Most of the owners understand dog languages, and don't get defensive when us dogs give each other warnings.(some people at the old park would get uncomfortable)
3. All of the people know all of the dogs by name(each other...maybe).
4. The big dog side is perfectly okay for Laika. If she wants to play, the other dogs will be gentle with her and if she doesn't, they won't bother her.
5. I am everyone's best friend there.
That last observation really made mom happy today. My new friend Vader's dad was petting a couple of the other dogs and I butted right in between them so I could get the attention. Mom says that's something I learned from Laika.
It really shocked her. Not only had I demanded the attention, it was from a man I'd never met before. I'm usually friendly with ladies, and I kind of ignore then men. Today everyone was fair game. One new friend and his mom tried to teach me how to catch a frisbee. I still don't really understand it, but I'm happy to chase it.
I'm really happy mom's making this a weekly trip. Now all we need to work on is not getting sick in the car.
Leave a Comment