Close X


What's Going to Happen Now?

What's going to happen now?

February 10th 2013 6:51 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

So Saturday, February 9, 2013 I went on a trip to the vet, a place everyone knows and loves me and my 'sis' Kiara. It was just supposed to be a look at an ear infection I got and a new lump that felt hard on my armpit. Oh I guess it was also for some mild coughing I had had for a couple weeks. It wasn't supposed to be anything big just a quick in and out but that didn't happen. The vet felt the lump and then started feeling other places, she must've found something because she left and a few minutes later came back. She took a quick swab of my ear to see what kind of infection it was then made me lay down and sprayed some cold, strong smelling stuff on my leg before poking a needle and moving it around in what's called a lymph node I guess, that's what the vet said at least. I was a good girl and didn't even move while she did that though when she went for one of the lymph nodes on my neck I didn't stay still for that one 'cause it hurt a bunch! Luckily she got what she needed. The vet started talking about the possibility of something called lymphoma and then left to check the samples she got. When she left my girl started crying which just made me upset and start crying too. When I did that she came over and started petting me while her dad just kept saying my name, he started petting me too. When the vet came in she talked to my girl and her dad for a bit before getting a leash and taking me away. I was stuck in the vets for a couple hours so they could take x-rays of my chest and I did really good with those too, vet told my girl and her family I didn't even move or fight when they were holding me for 'em. It was a while before I got to see my girl again and this time she was with dad and her stepmom and I could tell she had been crying a lot. I went straight to her when the vet took me in the room with them and sat by her, comforting her and showing her everything was going to be okay though I didn't even know what was wrong. The vet showed them my x-rays pointing out some suspected masses inside me, one that was pushing my esophagus up a little which was the culprit of my coughing. She started going over what I had, stage 5b lymphoma, and then treatment plans. They said a bunch of stuff I don't even know like chemotherapy which everyone seemed to think wasn't really an option because of how advanced this lymphoma thing is and my age. They also said it would be too stressful and make me miserable which they obviously didn't want. Then there was something called steroids which is supposed to make me more comfortable and hopefully live a bit longer. We left soon after that and got to go to Pet Valu and get some yummy treats I had never had before, an antler and some kind of dried duck stick. My girl still seemed sad, especially when she had to leave with her mom Sunday. When she comes back hopefully she will be happier, I don't like when my girl is sad.


Leave a Comment

Enter your comment information or log in if you have an account.

Fields marked with * are required

Anti-spam Challenge:
7 + 1 =


In Memory of Jenna


Family Pets



(What does RSS do?)