Close X


Abigail's Annals

OMD! I'm Dogster's Dog of the Day!

December 20th 2011 11:38 am
[ Leave A Comment | 3 people already have ]

yippppppppeeeeee! I can't believe I'm DOTD, what a great Christmas prezzie! Actually my pawrents can't believe it either, mom almost had a heart attack when she saw my pic on the page! Don't know why she was so suprised cause I'm always DOTD here at home! BOL!!! First of all I'd like to thank DOGSTER for choosing me for this great honor. I will do my best to be a good example of a Rottweiler and a Rescue! Secondly I would like to give a shout out to my Rotties Rule group for helping me make me the spoiled rottenweiler I am today! Rotties Rule isn't just a group but it's more of a family. If ya'll wanna see what I mean, just come by Rotties Rule and check us out. I was told that my Angel sisser Satiba had been given this great honor of DOTD previously and she's pretty tough to live up to. Well I must close for now and look for some extra special treatment from the pawrents on this most special day!

So long, Abigail aka DOTD!


My 5 Month Anniversary in My New Home

July 12th 2011 9:38 am
[ Leave A Comment | 7 people already have ]

It's hard to beleive but it's been 5 months since I came here to my new home. Lots has happened and I've learned some things but still need to learn more.

What I’ve learned in 5 months:

Walks are more fun with a friend
The can of whipping cream is my friend
If I scratch, I’m gonna get a bath
If I stare at the pawrents hard enough I’ll get a taste
Kyra leaves food in her bowl
I'm 8 years old, not 3 years old
If I don’t go potty as soon as I’m told, mom’s gonna chaperone me
If I lay under the big tree long enough the squirrel will come
If I eat too fast and get hiccups mom’s gonna put my meals in a muffin tin
If I need help getting up on something, dad will help me if I wait
I can go outside through the sliding glass door
The living room couch is the best spot in the house
Kyra will get off the ottominium if I jump up there
Grandma gives out graham crackers
If I lay quietly under a table at a restaurant I will get some food
If I play with a stuffy the pawrents think I’m cute
Going for a ride is not always a bad thing
I will get my ears cleaned each week
Lunch is a great way to break up a day
If Kyra woofs, I should too
If I limp or make funny noises, mom will talk about me going to the vet
Benadryl makes me a little sleepy
Sleeping between the pawrents is the safest place on earth

What I still need to learn:

Kisses from the pawrents are good things
It’s okay to kiss the pawrents
Firecrackers are not snipers trying to get me
Loud noises are okay
I can get back in through the sliding glass door
Not all guys with sticks are trying to hurt doglers
Little dogs are not toys
Stuffed toys can keep their stuffing inside
I don’t need to be the enforcer
Little kids are okay
I’m not going to get ALL of the pawrents food ALL the time
Cow poop is not a perfume

See ya later, Abigail


My First Adventure

April 3rd 2011 5:34 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Very strange things were happening around my house the other day. Dad brought down some very strange bags from the attic, one was what he called a suitcase and other one was a portable feed station. For two days Mom was putting stuff into these two bags and it seemed like of my stuff was going into that funny green bag. Mom just keept saying “You have an adventure coming up, so you better get ready”. Ready, how was I supposed to get ready if I didn’t even know what an adventure was? While they were packing they kept looking at a website with cameras on it. They said it was for road conditions into Lake Tahoe. I don’t know what they were looking for but all of a sudden Dad yells, “OK it’s clear we can go today”, then Mom gets on the phone and after a few minutes says “We have the Bear Den at the Fireside Lodge” and they started running around like crazy people and told me today was an “Adventure Day”. Just great and I still didn’t know if I was ready or not. Dad started throwing all the bags and stuff into the Princess Mobile and I started wondering if maybe we would be going somewhere. I stayed right behind Dad so you know that meant a lot of trips back and forth into the house. Then all of a sudden everything stopped and we had lunch like nothing was going on. I wasn’t sure if I should eat or not, but I went ahead and ate it, it’s always better to err on the side of caution. Right after lunch was done Mom told me to go outside and potty and that we would be going soon. So I ran outside did my business and raced back inside to get my collar and to set off. The center row was made up real nice for me with a blanket and a folded up bed to fill in the gap between the seats so I could lay down right behind Mom and Dad.

I knew we were in for some kind of fun when we passed the exit for the vet, so I settled in for the drive. Did I ever tell you guys how much I love drives?, I really do. When we crossed over the big river I knew we would be going a really far way and now I was really getting excited. We made our first stop about 35 minutes in so that Dad could get some gas and that Mom could get a potty break. She told me I would need one too, I told her I was OK but I didn’t mind the walk around and I did see some plants that needing watering. After we left there, Mom gave me a stuffed Kong and I happily worked on that as the road passed by. Our next stop was about an hour and a half later at a place called Fresh Pond. This stop was something different; first off the ground was white. How could ground be white? And on top of that it was cold and very slippery. I wasn’t too sure if I liked this stuff or not but I went with Mom as she told me it was time for another potty break. Mom called the stuff “Snow” but to me it seemed like tasteless ice cream. After about a half hour there we took back off to continue our journey. As we climbed higher into the mountains we came upon this outlook that gave us a view out over this very large lake. The road down to the lake was along this very high cliff and Dad opened the window for me so I could stick out my head and enjoy the sights and smells. That part of the drive was very fun, but Mom keep worrying about me and she keep telling me to be careful. Once we got into town we went to this place called the Fireside Inn, it looked real nice and I was all ready to get out and look around but Mom told me I would have to wait while they checked in. Dad came out a few minutes later and put me on a leash and took me into the big room. The first thing that happens as I walk in, was that this Yellow Lab girl named Kona comes and greets me and says welcome to the Fireside Lodge. I had to say hi and we did some butt sniffing to get to know each other. We spent a few minutes in there meeting all sorts of new people and being asked if I was the new one, The New What? After that we went to another room and I was told that this would be our room. Mom said that this was the Bear Den. It was very nice, there were two very large beds and I was told the one against the wall would be mine, so I jumped up and made myself comfortable. After Mom and Dad unloaded the car and unpacked everything Mom said it was time to take a walk around to see what was here. That snow stuff was all over everything except the road so we walked some down the road and then we went over to this area that had a bunch of cabins. Dad chased me around in the snow banks and that’s when the snow became kind of fun. Watching Dad slip and slide was kind of fun and I just kept dancing around him. After a bit of playing we went back to the room to hang out for a while. Kona came by and scratched at our door to see if we had any extra treats. Kona hung out with us for about an hour when Mom said it was time to go get dinner. Kona went back to her office and we set out in the PM in search of food. Mom and Dad heard about this small place in a liquor store that served hot pasta dishes to go. When we got back to the room Mom made my dinner and we all settled in for a good meal. Dad gave me some of his Chicken Alfredo with noodles. Man was that stuff good. I was taking a nice nap with a full belly when they woke me up around 8:30 to go to the common room. Once again Kona was there to meet us and she seemed real excited to see us when Dad went into the kitchen and to my surprise pulled out a couple of Frosty Paws. Well I had to enjoy a FP with my new friend, so we both laid down on the rug and enjoyed our FP’s side by side.

The next day was even more fun. After breakfast we took off for the Nevada side of the lake. We stopped at a place called Zephyr Cove which has a National Forest next to it (you know, pups are leash free in National Forests). We walked along a trail in the snow when we came up to the lake. I was in Doggie Heaven, I ran right down to the beach and started biting the waves. This is my favorite game, but this time I had a beach to run along and I had a lot of waves to get. Mom made me stop for a few minutes so that we could take next year’s Christmas photo. I played for quite some time while they walked along the shore. Mom and Dad had to drag me off the beach because I could have spent the rest of the day here. From there we continued around the lake back into the California side to Squaw Valley. I couldn’t wait to get out the car; Dad had to catch me as I jumped out. Mom got my travel bag together and off we went into the village. Our first stop was the pet store where I got to do some shopping. I looked at some real nice collars but Mom said no way (They were over a hundred bucks, whatever that meant). From there we took a little stroll around when we came up to this nice restaurant which had outdoor seating. Mom and I waited outside while Dad went in to see if any tables were available for us. They gave us a nice table up against a short wall so that I could lay up next to it. Mom put down my blanket and I laid on it like the good girl I am. Mom and Dad shared a Pear and Gorgonzola pizza. They gave me a piece to try but I liked my frozen yogurt that Dad got me at the pet store. After lunch we walked to the skiing area. This is where everyone comes off the mountain and stops for a drink or a bite to eat. There I met Porter, he was one good looking Rotti Man, and did he have a thing for me. He was almost twice my height and had a very nice coat. He was playing with a ball in the snow when I came to greet him. He spun around so fast he kind of scared me, but when he got a good look to see who was up his butt he just had to sniff back. We hopped around each other for a few minutes and then just settled down to sniffing while the pawrents had their conversation. From there we went to this patio area to get some family photos, I couldn’t keep my eyes off these flying little cabins that were carrying people up the mountain. After some more walking around the village we went back to the car to go back around the lake to our hotel. We couldn’t go completely around the lake because the road was closed for the season for part of it. Once again we went from California thru Nevada into California. Just as we got into California we stopped at the Heavenly Valley Village to get Mom some cookies from her favorite Nestlé’s store. When we got back to the hotel I had to tell Kona all about my day. That evening was almost the same as last night, except that I did a lot of sleeping from pure exhaustion. They had to drag me up for dinner and I almost didn’t make it to the common room for ice cream with Kona. That night I slept like a rock, I hardly moved at all.

I was ready to continue my adventures the next day but Mom and Dad said we would be going home today. Man was I bummed. Before we left and after breakfast Mom and Dad took Kona and I out behind the hotel, which is also a National Forest. There was a plowed trail for us to walk on but Kona and I darted around in the snow together. Snow is much more fun when you have a friend to play in it. After saying all our goodbyes we took off down the mountain to head home. After an hour’s driving we once again stopped at Fresh Pond and I had no problems out on the snow. From there we drove another hour to our friend’s Jeff’s house. I have never been to his house before and to tell the truth I’ve only met him once before. I had a lot of fun out in his back yard. He has this cool lawn that has this view out over a field and it was fun to watch the birds circling around. Jeff and Dad went out to get lunch for us and when they came back we had a nice picnic in the backyard. A couple more hours of hanging out and then we were finally on our way home. We made one last stop at the new rest stop in Vallejo to get a good look at the bay and to make a quick potty break. As we pulled up to my house it came to me that adventures are good things and I’m sure I’ll be more than willing to go the next time Mom and Dad yell “Adventure Day”

See Ya’ll later, Abigail


You can call me Princess Poop

March 13th 2011 3:20 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 3 people already have ]

It’s been almost a month and I’m still here and everything is going real well. I started Princess training last weekend by going out to breakfast with the peeps at this real nice place with outdoor seating. We took a forty five minute drive out to Lafayette, which is just over the hill from Oakland. It was a back road drive so I had a lot of fun hanging my head out the window and taking in the country air. When we got there I wasn’t to sure what I was supposed to be doing so I looked at Mom and Dad for instructions. Mom put down a blanket next to the table and told me to sit down on it. Well that was simple, so I parked my butt there and waited for the next instruction. Well this real nice lady came out and asked us if we wanted anything to drink, I didn’t know we could get a choice so I just sat there and waited to hear what they were when she just up and left. I guess you have to order quickly here. She came back a few minutes later with two mugs of hot stuff and asked if we needed a few minutes or were we ready. I was just about to ask her, “Ready for what” when Dad chimed in and started talking to her. Right after Dad was finished Mom told her something and the lady said “Thank You” and walked off. What the heck, doesn’t anyone wait for the dog around here? Mom put down a bowl of water for me and I had a few sips while looking around at all the happenings. Mom told me I had to stay on the blanket and not to yell out loud in the restaurant. After a while the lady came back out with the smelliest two plates I ever did smell. Man were they good. She said what a beautiful dog I was and Mom and Dad responded by saying we had only been together for a couple of weeks and that I was on Princess training. She said I was doing very well and that I would be welcomed again anytime. Mom and Dad ate breakfast and I got a few treats and the morning went by really nice. A couple of dogs came by to great me and I asked if they were staying too? They both said they come here often and they enjoyed it a lot. After breakfast we took a walk around town. It was a nice sunny morning and not too hot.

This weekend my friend Kyra is staying with us. She will be here four days and we’re getting to like each other. On Friday we all went out to the trail park above the river. This was the first time that Kyra and I went together at this park and we were really looking forward to it. It takes about twenty minutes to drive to this park and when Dad let us out he noticed that he forgot the leashes. This park is leash free but you do have to walk your pawrents through the parking lot and if they do get into fights with other pawrents you do have to restrain them. Well needless to say we had to drive all the way home, get the leashes and drive all the way back. Well it took us an hour to get to our walk but we were still happy to be there. The night before a bunch of cows had been on the trail and it looked like a diarrhea explosion had occurred. As Mom, Dad and Kyra were gingerly walking around the puddles I decided that this was the most fantastic smell I had ever encountered and I had to bring some home. I took a nose dive into this really nice big puddle and rolled right over. Man you should have heard the encouragement from my pawrents. They couldn’t stop yelling at me, so I did a few back flips. The rest of the walk was very cool, what with the sun setting in that stink on me and getting a real nice hard shell on my back. When we got home I wanted to get that great smell all over everything so that I could remember it for a real long time but Mom rushed me right into the shower and hosed me down. What’s with that? All my beautiful smell was gone, what a waste. Well Dad says he has a new nick name for me and that is Princess Poop, it kind of has a nice ring huh?

See ya Later, Abigail


I’ve Decided to Stay

March 3rd 2011 3:59 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]

Well I’ve been here for two and a half weeks and I’m sure I convinced the crazy lady not to send me back to the shelter. She also doesn’t seem to cry every time I look at her and smile anymore, she just smiles back and asks me what I’m up too. The last week has all been about tests and seeing new environments. I was left home by myself for a couple of hours (which I passed with flying colors). I don’t understand how this could be a test I just went to sleep and acted like I couldn’t live without them when they returned, you know standard dog stuff. I also went shopping at Petsmart and got a treat from the cashier and sniffed around the store and didn’t take any of the treats out of any low bins, which was a tough one. I was left in the car a few time while the pawrents went into some stores, no problem there, just went to sleep again. I walked around the leash free park without chasing any small pups or getting into any fights with other pups. I also watched Mom and Dad eat lunch at the park without begging. I waited my turn for a piece of turkey. Kyra has come over a couple of times and we are becoming good friends and I also do real well with Trevor (that’s Kyra’s skinpup). I also spent the day with Sandy, that’s my Grand-Pa’s pupper and we got along fine. Overall it’s been a great two weeks and I’m ready to call this place home and the crazy lady and the nice guy are now Mom and Dad. Dad says tomorrow I start Princess training, that’s where we go out as a family and we go to a restaurant. If I behave real well I’ll get to go to many more, so wish me luck! I’ll write to you next time on how it went.

See you later, Abigail


My First Week

February 19th 2011 2:11 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

My First Week

Well I’ve come to the end of my first week and boy was it a busy one. It all started last Saturday when Mom and Dad took me home from the shelter. The first thing they did was show me my new home, where I would sleep at night and where the computer was at, they also showed me this cool website called Dogster. Where have you guys been all my life? So after a long hard day of trying to convince Mom to take me home (Dad was a shoe in right away, so no trouble there) we hade a nice quiet night with a warm cozy sleep on the king size bed. On Sunday I went on a walk around my new neighborhood with Kyra and her family (Kyra is this very big and I mean very big Rotti Girl down the street) I was told to get along with her because she would be staying a lot at my new house. We got along ok but not real cozy like, she’s kind of jealous of me because I was taking her second family away. On Monday I went over to my new Grannies house to visit and I loved her, I knew how to kiss up. I also went out to the Doggie Park to meet the staff at Mud Puppies and they were all really nice to me, I like them all a lot. Tuesday Kyra came over to spend the next two nights with us and she taught me all about barking at the UPS truck, people walking down the street, neighbors and anything else that moved or made a noise in front of our house, that was a whole lot of fun and Mom and Dad just laughed every time we went off. On Friday we went out to my new cousins Bo’s house, he’s this 7 month old German Shepherd pup, who was kind of cool but a little on the over done side on energy. He just couldn’t stop bouncing around. Well at Bo’s house they have a bunny rabbit in a pen in the family room so I spent most of the visit laying down by the pen looking at him, he even came up to me a couple of times and sniffed my nose. I’ve never been that close to a small animal before so I wasn’t quite sure what I was suppose to do. Every time I looked like I would move too close Mom and Dad would say my name so I figured if I laid down I could stay there and watch him. Bo and I also got to take a walk in the rain with the peeps around his neighborhood and that was fun. When we got back to his house we played around the pool table for a while and the pawrents were real happy to see that. Today we went to the store and then the Dog Park to walk around in the rain. I got to go down to this big lake (Dad called it a bay, whatever) and play in the water. When I tasted the water it tasted really funny, what is salt? After playing and walking we went to Mud Puppies and I meet those nice peeps again. The tall one gave me a bath in a raised tub with warm water that was sooooooooo nice. He also clipped my nails and I was ok with him doing that. Two very important things that I learned about this household is that we get lunch here and a frosty paw every night, how cool is that? So far I really like living here and I’m sure I can get used to this life of luxury, so expect all further diary reports to come from this address.

So long for now, Abigail


How do you turn this thing on?

February 14th 2011 1:57 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 3 people already have ]

Testing, testing, one, two, three, can you hear me now? What do you mean use my keyboard to type something in? This is soooooooooooooo 80's, where is my texting feature? Oh well here goes. Helloooooooooo my name is Abigail and I am like the cutest Rotti Girl you ever did see, what do you mean I have to write from reality? Is this dumb or what? Oh well so like I said my name is Abigail and Mom and Dad said I have to write about my life and experiences in this diary so that all you nosey pups know what it is I am doing. So like I arrived here like three days ago and everything has been like fine so far. This place is a little quiet like and I do get a lot of sleep but I was told that I would be going on a lot of adventures and trips so I had better be ready to write about them, whateverrrrr. So if something fun happens or I just get bored be prepared to ready about it on the hottest page on Dogster.

Bye for Now, Abigail

  Sort By Oldest First

Abigail "In Loving Memory"


Family Pets

Satiba (In
Nora (In
Alexis (In
Gable (In
Kyra (In


(What does RSS do?)