Close X


The Adventures of Dora

Yard sale and Lesson

February 12th 2010 5:41 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

This morning mom got up very early (5:30 am) to get ready and go over to our friends for the Yard sale. It was 41 degrees out and I was not impressed when mom took me out. I was glad I got to go back to bed. I nave turned into a weenie with the cold and not a really early morning girl. I got to hang out with dad. We went to see the neighbor who I like that just had heart surgery to cheer him up. Then we hung out on the patio watching TV until mom came home. Mom said we made some more money for the trip. Mom was very wore out and needed to get some stuff done before our private lesson at 4:30.
I did great at our lesson. This was the first time this trainer has seen us in public. First we worked for 20 minutes in the room on me staying still while she approached us. By the end I could lay perfectly still while she petted me. Then mom put my vest on and we went to Ross. We worked on heeling out side for a while first then we went inside. Mom put me on a down stay for about 8 minutes while she and the trainer looked at goodies on the dog Isle. The trainer was very impressed. Little children walked by with in inches of my nose and I never moved. Then mom walked over to me and the trainer asked “can she hand you her leash” and mom said I could. So she asked me to give it to her and I picked it up, stood on her leg and put it in her hand. She was so impressed. Then later mom accidentally dropped her clicker and I picked that up for her also.
After the lesson we went back to the classroom so the trainer could give mom some notes to work on. I got to have all my stuff off and play with her dog. What a great reward. Mom was so happy with our lesson and how well I did. Tomorrow we are going on an all day jeep run with the jeep club.


Leave a Comment

Enter your comment information or log in if you have an account.

Fields marked with * are required

Anti-spam Challenge:
7 + 1 =


Dora CGC


(What does RSS do?)